Forrmation Flying on the Taxiway

Old March 18th 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Phil J

Default Forrmation Flying on the Taxiway

One of the more interesting "flying" columns I have read in a while...

http://www.aopa.org/pilot/never_again/2008/na0803.html

Phil
Old March 18th 08, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Mar 17, 6:51 pm, Phil J wrote:
One of the more interesting "flying" columns I have read in a while...

http://www.aopa.org/pilot/never_again/2008/na0803.html

Phil

I hope everyone here reads it. And I hope everyone thinks about
where their tails are pointing when they're doing a runup, too.
I just wish he hadn't almost experienced "loosing" control:-)

Dan
Old March 18th 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Wanttaja

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 20:47:54 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Mar 17, 6:51 pm, Phil J wrote:
One of the more interesting "flying" columns I have read in a while...

http://www.aopa.org/pilot/never_again/2008/na0803.html

Phil

I hope everyone here reads it. And I hope everyone thinks about
where their tails are pointing when they're doing a runup, too.
I just wish he hadn't almost experienced "loosing" control:-)

Friend of mine was in a Volksplane behind a T-6 on the runup pad, when he plane
started to rock. He thought it was the T-6 until he noticed stuff like fences
and light poles waving, too. Earthquake.....

Ron Wanttaja
Old March 18th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Phil J

On Mar 17, 6:51 pm, Phil J wrote:
One of the more interesting "flying" columns I have read in a while...

http://www.aopa.org/pilot/never_again/2008/na0803.html

Phil

* I hope everyone here reads it. And I hope everyone thinks about
where their tails are pointing when they're doing a runup, too.
* * * I just wish he hadn't almost experienced "loosing" control:-)

Friend of mine was in a Volksplane behind a T-6 on the runup pad, when he plane
started to rock. *He thought it was the T-6 until he noticed stuff like fences
and light poles waving, too. *Earthquake.....

Ron Wanttaja

"Tower, this is Volksplane 123 Papa Whiskey. Be advised we are
experiencing severe turbulence in the runup area."

Phil
Old March 18th 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Phil J wrote:
One of the more interesting "flying" columns I have read in a while...

http://www.aopa.org/pilot/never_again/2008/na0803.html

Phil

Back when I used to base a 172 at KPHX, "flying" the plane on the taxiway
was not unusual. When taxiing behind a 7x7, you never knew when they were
going to add a burst of power. On occasion, it was enough to lift the
nosewheel.

I never had any incidents in the 7-8 yrs. I based there, but every year or
so, some inattentive GA pilot would get caught facing 90 degrees to the jet
blast and get tipped over.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old March 18th 08, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_2_]

"Phil J" wrote in message
One of the more interesting "flying" columns I have read in a while...

http://www.aopa.org/pilot/never_again/2008/na0803.html

Thanks for the article, Phil.

-c

Old March 19th 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Martin

I never had any incidents in the 7-8 yrs. I based there, but every year or
so, some inattentive GA pilot would get caught facing 90 degrees to the jet
blast and get tipped over.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

There's a video floating around somewhere of an F-16 getting tipped by a B-1's exhaust.
Can't find it at the moment, though.
Old March 19th 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Phil J

On Mar 18, 8:47*pm, Bob Martin wrote:
* I never had any incidents in the 7-8 yrs. I based there, but every year or
so, some inattentive GA pilot would get caught facing 90 degrees to the jet
blast and get tipped over.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

There's a video floating around somewhere of an F-16 getting tipped by a B-1's exhaust.
Can't find it at the moment, though.

Found it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWoqa5nGmk

Pretty amazing.

Phil
Old March 20th 08, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Mar 19, 10:59*am, Phil J wrote:
On Mar 18, 8:47*pm, Bob Martin wrote:

* I never had any incidents in the 7-8 yrs. I based there, but every year or
so, some inattentive GA pilot would get caught facing 90 degrees to the jet
blast and get tipped over.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

There's a video floating around somewhere of an F-16 getting tipped by a B-1's exhaust.
Can't find it at the moment, though.

Found it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWoqa5nGmk

Pretty amazing.

Phil

Ya know. the camera man never seems to see the F-16 sitting on its
side. He kept filming the bombers taking off. Talk about tunnel
vision.......