A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

ASG-32 Mi rigging aid

Old June 5th 16, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default ASG-32 Mi rigging aid

Understand there is a new rigging aid created to help roll the ASG-32 Mi inner wing panels out of the trailer before the wing panel goes into a wing rigger. If you have a chance to witness this, please make a video of it operating and post it on YouTube. Anything to not be down with a bad back!
Old June 6th 16, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Caldwell (BC)
external usenet poster

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 7:51:19 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Understand there is a new rigging aid created to help roll the ASG-32 Mi inner wing panels out of the trailer before the wing panel goes into a wing rigger. If you have a chance to witness this, please make a video of it operating and post it on YouTube. Anything to not be down with a bad back!

I can't help you with a video but I saw it in action at the SSA convention. It is an upright assembly with 2 narrowly spaced wheels. The end of main panel spar engages this and then you lever it rearward which lifts the wing and wheel it out. It looked a bit difficult to get it past the wing rigger which was against the fuselage. Once the wing panel is fully out you just lever it back down onto the rigger. You might email Ralf or Alfred at Cobra. Wish I could help more.

Bob
Old June 7th 16, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 3:33:57 PM UTC-4, Bob Caldwell (BC) wrote:

I can't help you with a video but I saw it in action at the SSA convention. It is an upright assembly with 2 narrowly spaced wheels. The end of main panel spar engages this and then you lever it rearward which lifts the wing and wheel it out. It looked a bit difficult to get it past the wing rigger which was against the fuselage. Once the wing panel is fully out you just lever it back down onto the rigger. You might email Ralf or Alfred at Cobra. Wish I could help more.

Bob

Thanks BC. Were the wheels side by side or were they in tandem? Was the "pogo" rigid or did it telescope and incorporate a spring of some sort?
Old June 8th 16, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Caldwell (BC)
external usenet poster

The wheels were placed on either side of the upright. Other details are foggy. I didn't take any photos. Rex Mayes may have one with his 32. My friend has one coming for his 31 but it will be the end of July before we see it. Sorry I am not more help.