The other story: fullowup

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 3rd 05, 03:38 AM
Michelle P

Default The other story: fullowup

Well the oil leak is fixed but I have another problem. Geesh it just
never stops!
The Airwolf remote filter adapter arrived as promised and it is a work
of art. Very nicely machined parts. The one thing that was not readily
apparent was the extra $200 for the hoses. The total cost for the kit
including hoses $700 and change. Don't get me wrong they ar every nice
hoses and custom made to length and offset.

Airwolf does have a kit that will attach to the existing filter adapter.
Since I had a crack in my oil filter adapter I opted to replace the
adapter with Airwolf's kit that replaced the adapter. This added
significantly to the install time. The firewall mount for the remote
filter was strait forward and fairly easy. I did need a second person to
bolt it in place. I mounted it on the lower right side of the fire wall.
This is opposite the fuel collator and line. Easy to get to and as far
as I could get it from the exhaust system.

One of the hoses in the first set was built wrong. I asked Airwolf if
they wanted me to fax them a diagram and they sid no. Ok. the first hose
was pretty strait forward. Strait on one end and a 45 on the other. The
other hose was a little more complicated. 45 degree fittings on both
ends and one of them need to have a 45 offset.
He started by asked me if I had ever shot a rifle before. I said I had.
Ok one fitting is at the trigger were is the other.
I told him at 10:30. He said 135 degrees, yeah 10:30. Well his 135
degrees was 1:30. What he wanted was 225 degrees.
He screwed up so they ate the hose and I suspect the profit on my sale.

I finally received the correct hose Friday and installed it this
afternoon. THe leak check was fine. I had to run it long enough to
circulate oil through the cooler. After 5 or so minutes of full system
circulation I shut down and went to check for leaks. None found! in the
oil system.

However I found a couple of drips at the fuel side of things. I thought
it was the collator drain. Nope. It was one of the case drains, Damn. I
traced it back and it is the fuel pump. Another $250. Fortunately it
seems to be one of the cheapest pumps.

Another week of down time and I should be ok.

Michelle