Russian Military Technology

Old January 5th 04, 04:37 PM
Mary Shafer

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 00:55:08 GMT, Andrew Chaplin
wrote:

Alejandro Magno wrote:

America entered the war in Europe in summer 1944 when Germany was in
constant retreat from the Eastern front since summer 1943.

guffaw

Anzio and Sangro, they're just names,
We only came to look for dames.
We are the D-Day Dodgers
Way out in Italy.

Eighth Army scroungers and their tanks,
We live in Rome, among the Yanks.
We are the D-Day Dodgers
Way out in Italy.

To the tune of Lili Marlene, by the way.

My father was one of those Yanks, being in arty and having come ashore
on day three at Anzio. He greatly admired the British forces he'd
seen in Italy and North Africa.

Mary

Old January 5th 04, 06:33 PM
JasiekS

(Alejandro Magno)
Date: 1/4/2004 4:52 PM Central Standard Time
[snip...]

Tell that to the Jews who were murdered starting not long after the

invasion of
Poland. How about Baba Yar? That was before Wannsee. Please note the

correct
spelling.

Sorry, what is Baba Yar?

[snip...]

Once again you don't let facts actually stop you.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

JasiekS
Warsaw, Poland

Old January 5th 04, 06:43 PM
Guy Wastiaux

Chad Irby wrote:
Well, considering that the criteria for "bad" is apparently "kicking

out
dictators," we can live with that.

wow .. kicking out dictators. Now that's cool !

Old January 5th 04, 07:25 PM
Jarg

The whole suggestion that KAL 700 was a spy plane has been thoroughly
discredited. I doubt even the Communist leadership ever seriously believed
that line but they needed a good story to cover up the ineptitude of the
Soviet AF. It's really quite sad that they allowed an unidentified aircraft
to meander through the Motherland's air space for several hours then
couldn't even correctly identify it as a civilian aircraft when they did
finally manage to locate it.

Jarg

"Alejandro Magno" wrote in message
om...
(B2431) wrote
KAL 007 ring a bell?
If you are going to bash be fair about it.
Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

KAL 007

"Happy" Americans using civilian aircraft to spy on the EMPIRE.
Americans are not only "Happy", they are chickens, too. They send
women and children in a civilian aircfraft to do a man's job.

Well, If I have to spy on Mother Russia, I will chicken out, too.

Holy Russians have this kind of toys:
http://www.aeronautics.ru/archive/wm...c/ss25_001.jpg

After Holy Russians play with their toy, America will look like this:
http://www.mindspring.com/~jamoyers/...shots/atom.gif
http://www.donaldedavis.com/BIGPUB/CASLBRAV.jpg

http://www.aeronautics.ru/archive/wm...s_aviation.jpg

America will be warm, I think. Remember to visit
http://www.weather.com to check the temperatures in the American
cities, the range will vary between 1,000 C and 50,000,000 C.

Q: What is a "happy" American ?
A: http://www.white-history.com/usafuture.htm

Magno

Old January 5th 04, 08:15 PM
Jarg

He does seem to have some mental health issues, but I think it better to try
to respond to his crazy statements just to give the uninformed some
perspective.

Jarg

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message
t...

[...]

A: http://www.white-history.com/usafuture.htm

Sigh. Another WorldWideWierdo. PLONK.

Brooks

Magno

Old January 5th 04, 08:44 PM
Krztalizer

"Happy" Americans using civilian aircraft to spy on the EMPIRE.
Americans are not only "Happy", they are chickens, too. They send
women and children in a civilian aircfraft to do a man's job.

Well, If I have to spy on Mother Russia, I will chicken out, too.

I been on overflights over Soviet land on recon missions and I don't recall the
Soviets being able to do anything to stop us. No women or chidren in the
aircraft with us either - so I guess the "chicken****" aspect here is all
yours. Just because YOU would be too chicken to do such a thing, doesn't mean
everyone is that spineless.

Gordon

Old January 5th 04, 09:28 PM
TJ

"tadaa" wrote in message ...
The Yugoslavs returned to the arms control treaty/inspections within

months
of the end of the conflict. The last time that they exchanged

information
was January 1999 when they pulled out due to the on-going Kosovo
crisis.Apart from the Dayton Accord they also rejoined the Vienna

Document
and in late 1999 revealed that they had lost 18 MBT and 136 ACV. They

also
revealed that they had lost 50 fixed wing combat aircraft and 11 combat
helicopters.

The problem with using those statistics is that those only show

operational
equipment (atleast that is how I understand it), so damaged equipment

would
show as a loss too.

Yes, but the Yugoslavs have returned the same figures since their return to
the treaty status in late 1999. This equipment was written-off from the
inventory and openly declared. In terms of combat vehicles lost this
included both MUP and VJ inventories. In terms of which arm suffered the
most was revealed by the Yugoslav military themselves.

In interviews during 2001 Yugoslav air force Col. Radovan Rakovic stated:

"All our airports on the ground suffered great damage," Rakovic said. The
Yugoslav air force, he
said, lost about 30 percent of its combat equipment and 40 percent of its
combat systems."

In regards to Yugoslav Air Force losses Gen Pavkovic revealed:

"Pavkovic believes the Yugoslav military was successful overall because it
suffered relatively few
casualties and managed to hold on to many of its weapons systems. The lone
exception, he said, was
the Yugoslav air force, which "suffered considerable losses."

The figures for the lost aircraft only show the combat aircraft lost during
the conflict. The numbers of non-combat aircraft written-off / destroyed
during the conflict brings the figure to approx 80 airframes. Non of those
destroyed were any of the retired airframes that resided in the boneyard at
the Yugoslav Aeronautical Museum (This compound was not targeted) nor the
small number of Iraqi MiG-23s and MiG-21.

TJ