How to find a CFII?

Old March 9th 05, 07:34 AM
Stan Gosnell

"Gene Whitt" wrote in
ink.net:
I don't remember if when we were flying around San Francisco Bay
something close to twenty years ago(+/-) a few, if I told you my
criteria for successful instructing. "If I can teach a student that I
am the best looking of all instructors, I can teach him anything."
Gene

Or to quote a phrase, you can fool some of the people some of the
time......

--
Regards,

Stan

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." B. Franklin
Old March 10th 05, 12:24 AM
Andrew Gideon

Blanche wrote:

I do believe that NW_PILOT missed the smiley at the end of Roy's
response.

Probably, but his point is still valid. Several of my instructors for
primary were, in retrospect, scary. But I didn't know enough to know that
at the time.

When I was shopping around for a CFII, I was a slightly better-informed
consumer. I believe I did a better job as a result.

I liked the suggestions of "starting backwards", be it with good IFR pilots
or "advanced" aircraft. The former is tough for the inexperienced, but the
latter should be available to anyone at a reasonably busy airport.

Another suggestion is to increase the connections and contacts w/in
aviation. Go to meetings. Join clubs. And so on.

We're having a meeting tomorrow, for example, in Little Falls NJ. You're
all welcome.

http://www.midatlanticpilots.com/program.html

For me, attending meetings like this made a big difference. It transitioned
me from "aviator" to "member of the aviation community", if you will.

- Andrew