This Years Annual, Not bad at all!

Old December 9th 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
NW_Pilot

Default This Years Annual, Not bad at all!

Given that I only put 35 hours on my 150 this year and a very extensive
annual last year and the year prior. My Cessna 150 had only the usual things
that needed to be done, complied with recurring AD's Replaced a few cowl
fastener receptacles & general maintenance like airfilter etc. Compressions
are all in the mid seventies...... Only complaint is I need to fly this bird
more!

Old December 9th 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Montblack

("NW_Pilot" wrote)
Given that I only put 35 hours on my 150 this year and a very extensive
annual last year and the year prior.

[snip]
Only complaint is I need to fly this bird more!

A couple of times a month you'll have to hire yourself to fly it somewhere

....and back.

Montblack

Old December 10th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
NW_Pilot

I am thinking of letting a few friends use it to help them with the costs of
getting their instrument tickets.

("NW_Pilot" wrote)

Old December 11th 06, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

NW_Pilot wrote:
Given that I only put 35 hours on my 150 this year and a very extensive
annual last year and the year prior. My Cessna 150 had only the usual things
that needed to be done, complied with recurring AD's Replaced a few cowl
fastener receptacles & general maintenance like airfilter etc. Compressions
are all in the mid seventies...... Only complaint is I need to fly this bird
more!

Whenever we have a good year for annual we do something extra. Last
year we overhauled the fuel selector. It was working fine but there was
a lot of list discussion of older selectors sticking in flight. It
would be unfun for me to be 1/2 way down Baja Mexico and not be able to
get to another 4 hours of fuel.

Old December 11th 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
NW_Pilot

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
ps.com...

NW_Pilot wrote:
Given that I only put 35 hours on my 150 this year and a very extensive
annual last year and the year prior. My Cessna 150 had only the usual
things
that needed to be done, complied with recurring AD's Replaced a few cowl
fastener receptacles & general maintenance like airfilter etc.
Compressions
are all in the mid seventies...... Only complaint is I need to fly this
bird
more!

Whenever we have a good year for annual we do something extra. Last
year we overhauled the fuel selector. It was working fine but there was
a lot of list discussion of older selectors sticking in flight. It
would be unfun for me to be 1/2 way down Baja Mexico and not be able to
get to another 4 hours of fuel.

Yes, we have replaced every O-Ring and every bit of packing in this bird on
the last 2 annuals. Last year we did a bunch of extra stuff that was not
need due to airworthyness. I plan on putting 300 hours this year on the bird
then will probably think about trading up.