Twentieth Annual Captain Zoom April First Parody Press Release.

Old April 2nd 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Twentieth Annual Captain Zoom April First Parody Press Release.

Aero Gnus disinformation Network

Twentieth Annual Captain Zoom April First Parody Press Release.

You've heard of the Polish Virus; "please erase your own hard drive."

Well, Captain Zoom has outdone any parody that I, or anyone else,
could ever write.

See for yourself: http://evilurl.com/anallips
Old April 2nd 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Kyle Boatright

Did this count as Zoom's annual anti SnF rant, or is there more to come?

Also, wonder what the real story is on him leaving Florida?

Enquiring minds and all that...

KB

Old April 2nd 07, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Kyle Boatright wrote:
Did this count as Zoom's annual anti SnF rant, or is there more to come?

Also, wonder what the real story is on him leaving Florida?

Enquiring minds and all that...

KB

Ducking lawsuits? An excuse to not try getting into SnF?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old April 2nd 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

On Apr 1, 7:08 pm, wrote:
Aero Gnus disinformation Network

Twentieth Annual Captain Zoom April First Parody Press Release.

You've heard of the Polish Virus; "please erase your own hard drive."

Well, Captain Zoom has outdone any parody that I, or anyone else,
could ever write.

See for yourself:http://evilurl.com/anallips

Its just another one of the CAMPBELL April FOOL jokes.

Old April 2nd 07, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
red12049[_1_]

One can only presume that either this is his April Fools story, or that
business is bad, and he is making an attempt to increase business before
making his last gasp....

Old April 2nd 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

wrote in message

Aero Gnus disinformation Network

Twentieth Annual Captain Zoom April First Parody Press Release.

You've heard of the Polish Virus; "please erase your own hard drive."

Well, Captain Zoom has outdone any parody that I, or anyone else,
could ever write.

See for yourself:http://evilurl.com/anallips- Hide quoted text -

No, his SnF rant was on 3-27-07 read Barnstorming 10.0... I think
that he left Florida just ahead of the Polk County Chamber of Commerce
forming up with torches and tar buckets. In reality I believe that he
left for the same reason that he ended up here. He arrived here
because he got Don Jones to bankroll him and this is where Jones was
based at that time. He must have found another fool that will soon be
parted with his money, How else can anyone explain his sudden
windfall, going to hire 30 people , buying a Glassair III and looking
for a Corporate plane. Last time I heard that kind of talk from him
was when he moved to Florida.

As his rants go this one is a pretty good. However if you have been
following his writing for about the last 20 years you can just change
the names and places. He is still talking about himself in the third
person and everyone is wrong but him.

Frank M Hitlaw

Old April 2nd 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Harry K

On Apr 1, 5:08 pm, wrote:
Aero Gnus disinformation Network

Twentieth Annual Captain Zoom April First Parody Press Release.

You've heard of the Polish Virus; "please erase your own hard drive."

Well, Captain Zoom has outdone any parody that I, or anyone else,
could ever write.

See for yourself:http://evilurl.com/anallips

For a short April Fool all he has to do is post his claims for hours
and types flown.

Harry K

Old April 2nd 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
olympusE1

On Apr 1, 5:08 pm, wrote:
Aero Gnus disinformation Network

Twentieth Annual Captain Zoom April First Parody Press Release.

You've heard of the Polish Virus; "please erase your own hard drive."

Well, Captain Zoom has outdone any parody that I, or anyone else,
could ever write.

See for yourself:http://evilurl.com/anallips

....interesting that in his rant he claims to be living at an airpark,
["In the meantime, though, we've got great new digs that put us right
on a lovely little airpark a ways up North, with a great home office,
a nice big hangar right outside the door."] but when i google earth'd
the address hitlaw provided it is nowhere near an airport. it's near
the I-40/NC-54 interchange.

as for the cash to buy the house, the glasair and all the rest, my
guess is someone died and left him the money.

Old April 2nd 07, 06:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lee McGee

It is actually a pretty good website.

Specifically, http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm is the index of news part
of the site and there is a good list of "funny" aviation related April Fools
articles under the 2007/04/01 section.

Some funny stuff there, and if you check the rest of the index, the site and
its incoming news have been updated often in past 3 days. It is not easy
to make a good internet site and keep it up to date, they have done good
work on this. The update pace seems similar to Avweb.

I remember the Zoom usenet wars since the mid 1990s like they were
yesterday. It is a new millenium.

Check it out with an open mind? Really it is not a bad website. The site
could use some editing of Jim Campbell's overly-zealous writing style
however... just an opinion.

Lee McGee
Mount Aukum, California

Old April 2nd 07, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Kyle Boatright
says...

Did this count as Zoom's annual anti SnF rant, or is there more to come?

Also, wonder what the real story is on him leaving Florida?

Enquiring minds and all that...

I haven't heard any real SnF ranting yet .But my $100.00 reward for anyone who
sees zoom or his plane at SnF and tells me where it is and we catch him still
stands .Might even throw in a fifth of Muzzle Loader for good measure.LOL!!

Chuck S RAH 14-1 /ret