Why did Bush join the national guard?

Old September 5th 04, 07:52 PM
BUFDRVR

ArtKramr wrote:

How come you didn't join the Marines and volunteer for the Pacific?

The Army Air Corps was a tougher outift that took higher losses.

When you joined this was not only uncertain, but being touted as highly
unlikely, so don't give us this line of crap about joining because you knew
where the toughest action was going to be. The USAAF may have taken more
caualties in gross numbers, but the USMC in the Pacific had a much higher
percentage rate. Do a google on Tarawa.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old September 5th 04, 07:54 PM
BUFDRVR

ArtKramr wrote:

Bush refused to vounteer. And he did it in writing.

You've already been told, by people much smarter than you, that checking the
box "I do not request an overseas assignment" was not same as requesting not to
go to Vietnam. You can continue your mantra as you see fit though as you no
longer have a reputation to trash.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old September 5th 04, 08:29 PM
George Z. Bush

Thomas J. Paladino Jr. wrote:

And for the record, when a proposal was floated to send F102s to Vietnam,
Bush put his name in as a volunteer, however the powers that be decided not
to use the plane.

For the same record, when he first applied for flying training, he indicated on
his application that he did NOT desire an overseas assignment. And he had only
300 flying hours in the F-102 when he volunteered for overseas duty after he had
been told that they wouldn't consider anybody with less than 500 hours. It was
a pretty safe thing to do.....asking for something you knew in advance they
weren't going to give you.

That's just for the record, of course.

George Z.

Old September 5th 04, 08:31 PM
Mike Dargan

ArtKramr wrote:

Why did Bush join the National Guard instrae do the Army, Navy or Air Force?
why?

At that time, TANG was a safe place to baby sit the children of
privilege who were burdened by poor scores on military aptitude tests.
I don't fault Bush's parents for buying their kid's way into the
champaign squadron. It's important that the best and the brightest
conserve their genes for future generations.

Can you imagine the disaster if the shrub had been given hazardous duty
which caused him to be disabled or killed before having the chance to
breed and produce equally brilliant offspring? Where would we be
without Jenna and Barbara?

Cheers

--mike

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old September 5th 04, 08:33 PM
George Z. Bush

Jack G wrote:
OK Art, tell that to a combat Marine - face to face. If all that happens is
he asks you where you fought - and then laughs in your face when you tell
him you will be a very lucky man.
Jack G.

Just for the record, Jack, during WWII, the 8th Air Force sustained more
casualties over Europe than the entire United States Marine Corps did world-wide
throughout the entire war. If you don't believe me, just ask Google the right
questions and they'll provide the same answer that I just did....I know because
I've already done it.

George Z.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
George W. Bush Abortion Scandal that should have been Psalm 110 Military Aviation 0 August 12th 04 09:40 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 05:26 PM