Act now before your wings are defaced

Old September 19th 19, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Act now before your wings are defaced

Well! Technically, “shiny” requires a light source, so only the sun facing side shines, the rest merely reflect. But, all sides appear shiny if the ship is rolled, spun or Lamcovak’d rapidly enough to fool the eyes.

So, do what you like best and all sides shall shine.

Unless you’re under a cloud, and then you don’t care how you look because you’re smiling too hard to notice.
Old September 19th 19, 04:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 1:11:42 AM UTC-7, wrote:
If a Canadian invented basketball while in the USA, it’s still a CANADIAN invention. Admittedly the peach basket had a solid bottom and play was delayed while someone climbed up to get the ball back. Pablum, pagers, walk-in talkies, telephone, electric wheelchairs, Java, insulin, pacemakers, iMax film and projectors, green garbage bags, Canadarm...so many things, and now women’s tennis at the US Open...19 year old Bianca Andreescu devours Serena Williams in straight sets. Snowmobiles. Screech. Health care for all, Nanaimo bars. The Avro Arrow. Paint rollers. Peanut butter. WonderBra. Pacemakers...I repeat for effect.

Of more interest to pilots.... Canadian Reginald Aubrey Fessenden was a prolific inventor in the area of wireless technology — he was the first to broadcast on the AM radio band in 1900 — although he's often regarded as an unsung hero in Canada because his inventions in radio technology were outshined by Italian inventor Guglielmo Marconi. Fessenden built two-way radio transmission towers — one near Boston and the other in Scotland — and issued the first transatlantic radio broadcast in 1906.

My favorite?...

The jockstrap hard cup. Imagine, it took a CANADIAN to think up the idea of putting something protective between baseballs and yours. The entire remainder of Earth made do with an extra pair of underwear. We tackle the obvious, invent the less obvious and we improved the odds that superior genes demonstrated by the world’s elite athletes will go forward for the millennia unscathed. Never again would a 105 mph slider eliminate the Mickey Mantles and Christian Yelichs from our great grand children.

Even then we got creative and invented the hard cup for faces of goalies so genetic good lucks would also mutate. We plan ahead. We live up here on a chunk of ice free of sharpies and therefore we cannot sketch ourselves into a better world. Although the Group of Seven thought they sketched a better world. We actually do good ****.

I’m proud of my country and glad we live next door. Keep your friends close. And your enemies closer. Kidding. We need your protection. So we pray you will not build a northern wall, nor will you extend your southern wall to keep us from trekking north to California too. Sharpies can do that.

Over, eh? (Trivial aviation inserted shamelessly to remain on topic in RAS.)

Now that’s been settled, Kim Kardashian announced yesterday she replaced all sorts of medications with CBD oil. Raved about it for mood and anxiety. Now where I live, for me to cross the border and fly up to California, I am screened by CBP...your folks at the border inside Toronto’s airport. “Have you ever used marijuana?” And if answer, yes, I used in college for a month... I am flagged as permanently banned from the USA. Grass is legal in all of Canada and Washington State, Oregon and California, but if a Vancouverite answers yes en route south to get back to California’s grass, he or she is banned for life. Sharpies can make that happen.

You can eliminate Kim Kardashian now if she can be lured to Vancouver.

Wait, how can Tommy Chong ever see the real Rockie’s and get home?? Easy... he was born here, we let will always him in and out.

Just saying.

Eh?

Naismith invented the game under the direction and supervision of Dr. Luther Gulick at the Springfield YMCA, making it an inherently US invention:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Naismith
The popularity of the game in the US, and Naismith's unrelenting promotion, led to its introduction as an Olympic sport in the 1936 summer games.

Most citizens of the US have heritage from some other country - Naismith was just one of many, including Albert Einstein.

Tom
Old September 19th 19, 05:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

2G we're not interested in historical fact here, we're more interested in multinational or more appropriately, Can-Am hyperboly.
Get with the program dude !! lol
Old September 19th 19, 12:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 8:14:45 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 7:59:56 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:

You seem to be really upset and confused. Thinking you were some literary genius was a mistake on your part. The Lewis Grizzard remark set you off and you have yet to recover.
Secondly you were wrong about you mother trying to improve your corneas with the pink Daisy Red Rider. She was basically trying to see if you had enough cojones to shoot your brother. Looks like the experiment failed and you continue ramble with signs of dementia from your heat oppressed brain. I am sure you will research that literary statement.

Hi Bob, Bob here,

No I am not upset. I rise each day hoping for a simple smile from just one oppressed glider owner worldwide. Usually I am defeated in this challenge.. As you can attest.

We laid my bother to rest in the back yard, under a large oak. I beat him to death with the damned pink Daisy. So you were right there, no cojones to shoot him.

So, you are upset about my obvious dementia, but Trump's gives you hope andpleasure?

At least I can extend beyond Twitter to communications here at MUCH more than 140 characters per wisdom. If a man can convince people to invade Iran based on an insightful 140 character Tweet, well maybe they deserve what happens.

What other world leader would give away "We are locked and loaded." ??... OK, so, Yes, Kim Jong Un and Putin but that's only because they have the videos of Trump in the Moscow hotels.

Here, Now, in the USA... Trump is goading EVERYONE to fear his might. Daily. In the middle of the night when most sane people sleep.

Tariffs and Tomahawks, they are all the weapons Trump needs. And a Sharpie to correct trajectories of each Tomahawk to show a direct hit on individuals he despises.. as in "Here, the Tomahawk swerved to avoid AA fire, it descended to ground level here, and here it entered King Jong's rectum at the precise angle of 33.7 degrees required to take out his prostate for good."

I find creating jokes relaxing. I am sorry you do not feel the same. Eh?

Hi Bob, Bob here. Looks like you guys to the north have a big racial problem up there. Justin, your hero seems to have a lot of baggage from 2001. Tariffs and Tomahawks aren't racist like your PM.
Old September 19th 19, 01:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Awww come on, I've always enjoyed black face. I get it every time I clean out the fireplace chimney.
Old September 19th 19, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

SO, revisionism.

You are saying Dr. Gulick directed Naismith on his to design the sport of basketball.

Using that same logic, Trump invented walls.

I think I am done on this one.

Old September 19th 19, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 12:01:19 AM UTC-4, wrote:
2G we're not interested in historical fact here, we're more interested in multinational or more appropriately, Can-Am hyperboly.
Get with the program dude !! lol

Yes, humour is by definition often hyperbole. To make people smile sometimes one exaggerates.
Roeseann Rosanadana established that in the last century.

And Canadians may feel any attempt by any American in 2019 to not laugh at politics is disingenuous.

We down here in Canada suffer the genetics of those doomed to live in constant ice and snow, and we are taught to laugh away our troubles.

Mark Twain is revered across the land, but let any Canadian crack a one-liner about Trump and we are deemed hyperbolous in the extreme.

It must be the cold that thickens our skins down here. Global warming will have that little issue sorted out in due course.

Until then, smile. It works. 😎🍺

Old September 19th 19, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 7:00:13 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:

Hi Bob, Bob here. Looks like you guys to the north have a big racial problem up there. Justin, your hero seems to have a lot of baggage from 2001. Tariffs and Tomahawks aren't racist like your PM.

Yeah, what a slime ball. He missed the correct shade of Arabian by a mile. Instead of paying for a professional aesthetician, he let his drugged up girl friend plaster on whatever she had in her purse. Then he stuck her purse on his head for the photo.

Justin is French Canadian and for that he deserves some slack. The French think they still have Napoleon leading their retreats.

And his parents were the scum of the earth. His father was a lawyer and a politician, his mother tramped around with Mick and the guys in the 60's. They did not impart the values all Canadians should have from birth.

Pierre Trudeau famously told Parliament "fuddle duddle" rather the use the F word directly. These millennial kids will just toss out F bombs and brown face as if no one is watching or listening.

To quote the Canadian Encyclopedia, if you can trust anything these days.....
The most dramatic event of Trudeau's first government was the October Crisis of 1970, which was precipitated by the kidnapping of British diplomat James Cross and Québec Cabinet minister Pierre Laporte by the terrorist Front de Libération du Québec (FLQ). In response, Trudeau invoked the War Measures Act, with its extraordinary powers of arrest, detention and censorship. Shortly after, Laporte was murdered by his abductors. Controversy over the appropriateness of these emergency measures and their effect on liberal democracy in Canada and Québec has continued to the present..

So, Justin's Dad pulled a Trump and set it up so if the found the Separatists who murdered Laporte they could be arrested. In Canada, murderers can only be arrested if caught in the act. So Trudeau senior decided that was not good enough for the kidnappers.

Russians interfered in your elections and now they are throwing up an 18 year old costume party to district us from Trump''s bungle of the day. I am saddened it is waking on RAS.

Anyone who can figure out how to keep 700 pounds of glider airborne with no motor should be able to figure out how Russian media interference works. Come on guys, you can do this. Why is a rookie Canadian PM more urgent in the news than Lewandowski. Or Cohen. Or Bolton. Or (insert name of latest fired bureaucrat HERE)

Enough. Smile now. It's funner
Old September 19th 19, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 8:12:55 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Awww come on, I've always enjoyed black face. I get it every time I clean out the fireplace chimney.

And you admitted this in an international forum?

You must be confident your identity is well hidden by a fake Gmail address. They have been hacked too, you know?😎🍺
Old September 19th 19, 02:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The TDS(Trudeau Derangement Syndrome) here is strong. Some folks need to build a wall in their heads to keep the rot from walking in and muddying up the place. Start gently by deporting all those foreign to natural law notions you hold that you used to know, and still sort of know on some level, are wrong.
It ain't winter yet, time to get back to soaring with a question: If one is landing out in a field of freshly planted solar panels do you want to land across the rows or with the rows?

Wings vs. BFR Dallas Piloting 26 August 3rd 09 07:11 AM
hey Bob, don't look. There are no wings :-) Glenn[_2_] Aviation Photos 2 May 19th 08 04:43 PM
Sea Wings pin? Robert M. Gary Piloting 15 September 23rd 06 06:49 PM
X-Wings and Canard Rotor Wings. Charles Gray Rotorcraft 1 March 22nd 05 12:26 AM
wings mark Owning 18 February 7th 04 10:07 AM