UK2 JX485 Consolidated CoronadoGR1 ex USN 7192 PB2Y-3B Helensburgh.jpg

Old October 7th 13, 01:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Default UK2 JX485 Consolidated CoronadoGR1 ex USN 7192 PB2Y-3B Helensburgh.jpg

On Sun, 06 Oct 2013 11:41:57 -0500, John Szalay john.szalayatatt.net
wrote:

Lab Lover wrote in
:

On Sun, 06 Oct 2013 09:39:21 -0500, John Szalay john.szalayatatt.net
wrote:

Syke wrote in newsse4u.18783$xL5.844
:

Very interesting, especially as the 3-view drawing shows a mix of 3
and 4-blade props. I wonder why this would be?

Regards

Syke

The two inner engines were fitted with four-bladed reversible pitch
propellers; the outer engines had standard three-bladed feathering
props

REF:
Bridgeman, Leonard. "The Consolidated Vultee Model 29 Coronado".
Jane's Fighting Aircraft of World War II. London: Studio, 1946. ISBN
1-85170-493-0

Do you know why? Was this for enhanced maneuverability on water?

reversible pitch , do make it easier to handle on the ground & water.

ever seen a plane back up ? watched C-130s do it and its impressive.

Even more so with a C-17...
Old October 7th 13, 02:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Taylor

Syke wrote:
Is that a 3 blade prop and a 4 blader?
Regards

Syke

Apparently the performance characteristics of the inboard engines are
different from the outboard.

http://hartzellprop.com/faq/technical-questions/

Regards, Bob Taylor
Old October 7th 13, 08:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ramsman

On 06/10/2013 17:41, John Szalay wrote:
Lab Lover wrote in
:

@fx31.am4:

Very interesting, especially as the 3-view drawing shows a mix of 3
and 4-blade props. I wonder why this would be?

Regards

Syke

The two inner engines were fitted with four-bladed reversible pitch
propellers; the outer engines had standard three-bladed feathering
props

REF:
Bridgeman, Leonard. "The Consolidated Vultee Model 29 Coronado".
Jane's Fighting Aircraft of World War II. London: Studio, 1946. ISBN
1-85170-493-0

Do you know why? Was this for enhanced maneuverability on water?

reversible pitch , do make it easier to handle on the ground & water.

ever seen a plane back up ? watched C-130s do it and its impressive.

The first aircraft I ever saw do this was a Blackburn Beverley, back in
the 50s.

--
Peter
Old October 7th 13, 11:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ramsman

On 06/10/2013 14:56, Lab Lover wrote:
On Sun, 06 Oct 2013 09:15:53 +0100, Syke
wrote:

On 06/10/2013 09:05, Syke wrote:
Is that a 3 blade prop and a 4 blader?
Regards

Syke

Responding to my own question, it seems the answer is, sometimes;

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=co...=lnms&tbm=isch

But not always;

http://www.aircraftaces.com/photos/pby-coronado-1.jpg

How odd!

Some interesting history on the Coronado:

http://www.history.navy.mil/branches...ac/pb2y-5r.pdf

I thought I'd research the Coronado in my own library, so took out my
book on testing at Boscombe Down during WWII. It took a couple of
minutes to work out why the Coronado wasn't in the index...

--
Peter

Old October 7th 13, 11:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ramsman

wrote:

On 06/10/2013 09:05, Syke wrote:
Is that a 3 blade prop and a 4 blader?
Regards

Syke

Responding to my own question, it seems the answer is, sometimes;

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=co...=lnms&tbm=isch

But not always;

http://www.aircraftaces.com/photos/pby-coronado-1.jpg

How odd!

Some interesting history on the Coronado:

http://www.history.navy.mil/branches...ac/pb2y-5r.pdf

I thought I'd research the Coronado in my own library, so took out my
book on testing at Boscombe Down during WWII. It took a couple of
minutes to work out why the Coronado wasn't in the index...

And....?

I felt foolish.

--
Peter
Old October 8th 13, 02:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lab Lover

wrote:

On 06/10/2013 09:05, Syke wrote:
Is that a 3 blade prop and a 4 blader?
Regards

Syke

Responding to my own question, it seems the answer is, sometimes;

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=co...=lnms&tbm=isch

But not always;

http://www.aircraftaces.com/photos/pby-coronado-1.jpg

How odd!

Some interesting history on the Coronado:

http://www.history.navy.mil/branches...ac/pb2y-5r.pdf

I thought I'd research the Coronado in my own library, so took out my
book on testing at Boscombe Down during WWII. It took a couple of
minutes to work out why the Coronado wasn't in the index...

And....?

I felt foolish.

I only tug once on the cheese.
Old October 8th 13, 02:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ramsman

wrote:

On 06/10/2013 09:05, Syke wrote:
Is that a 3 blade prop and a 4 blader?
Regards

Syke

Responding to my own question, it seems the answer is, sometimes;

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=co...=lnms&tbm=isch

But not always;

http://www.aircraftaces.com/photos/pby-coronado-1.jpg

How odd!

Some interesting history on the Coronado:

http://www.history.navy.mil/branches...ac/pb2y-5r.pdf

I thought I'd research the Coronado in my own library, so took out my
book on testing at Boscombe Down during WWII. It took a couple of
minutes to work out why the Coronado wasn't in the index...

And....?

I felt foolish.

I only tug once on the cheese.

That sounds rather rude.

Have a look in Google Maps for Boscombe Down, the site of the UK's
Aeroplane & Armament Experimental Establishment, and you'll see what I mean.

--
Peter
Old October 8th 13, 05:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lab Lover

wrote:

On 06/10/2013 09:05, Syke wrote:
[...]

There was nothing rude about the comment. I asked for you to elaborate
on your original, incomplete thought and you would not do so, instead
you responded with a feeble attempt at facetiousness.

I spend enough time trying to read my wife's mind due to the female
propensity for expression through the use of incomplete thoughts.

Now, you try and send me on a silly research project just to uncover
the final sentence of your thought? No thanks.
Old October 8th 13, 06:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ramsman

wrote:

On 06/10/2013 09:05, Syke wrote:
[...]

I didn't mean you were rude to me, I meant it sounded like a euphemism!

--
Peter