Another Cessna 210A at auction, 40 SMOH engine and acc'ys

Old June 26th 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Victor Bravo

Default Another Cessna 210A at auction, 40 SMOH engine and acc'ys

Another 1961 Cessna 210A has been put up for auction, and with only
one day left the bids have only reached $30,000. AOPA's appraisal is
$66,000 and the reserve price is FAR less. This one has only 40 SMOH
on the engine and all major accessories. Check it out if you need a
good 4 seat airplane with big load carrying ability, 150KT cruise
speed and 11 GPH economy.

AS FOR the previous aircraft I listed on ebay... Some of my fellow
smart-asses have replied to the previous C-210 thread, making some
comments that are not quite right.

One fellow said Part 135 Maintenance means nothing. Horse****. 135 is
a higher standard and is associated with more stringent and more
frequent inspections. Just because some 135 operators don't maintain
their airplanes right doesn't mean they all don't, and a poorly
maintained 135 airplane is still theoretically better off than a
poorly maintained Part 91 airplane all other factors equal. My point
was that this airplane was maintained with a better degree of care and
concern because the owner, the pilot, the hands-on mechanic and the
signature IA are all the same guy.

Granted, I called it a Centurion and it may only be a 210. My mistake
technically, but adding the search word Centurion might help get some
more interest. Bidders whose names are not Jack are still welcome to
bid The owner has his name and the name of his daughter embroidered
in the headrests of all his airplanes for very valid personal
reasons... trust me. Just bid as though you will have to have the
stitching removed by one of the ethnically diverse "artisans" with
auto upholstery shops near any airport.

Jack's airplanes are mechanically sound. As I put in the auction
description, the hoses and related stuff firewall forward have been
replaced. Is a 46 year old airplane going to have a spotless FWF
"engine room"? No. Did I list it as an Oshkosh show winner? No. Was
the reserve price a LOT less than what you would see at some country
club airplane sales showroom... YES. Is the airplane reliable and well
above average in appearance, I think so.

If you want an Oskhosh champion 210 showplane, go to Oshkosh or Trade-
a-Plane and have about $75-85K in hand. If you want a new Cessna 210,
call the nice folks at Cessna and ask them what one would cost.

In the meantime, y'all have an opportunity to bid on a strong, nice,
and reliable 210 with a fresh engine and accessories, for less than
Cessna 172 money. If you are more interested in a 172, I'm about to
put one of those up for auctino today too

Old June 27th 07, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bat T Ball

Go Git 'Em, Berle!

Old June 27th 07, 11:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lou

It says that AOPA version of an appraisal is 66,000 but the flying
community
let him know what they thought it was worth.
Lou

Old June 27th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
karl gruber[_1_]

One fellow said Part 135 Maintenance means nothing. Horse****. 135 is
a higher standard and is associated with more stringent and more
frequent inspections.

BS meter pegging!!!

135 maintenance just means it is probably worn out, ratty, and ready for a
HUGE influx of cash.

Stay away for an old 135 airplane!!

Old June 27th 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bat T Ball

Hey, if you don't want it, pass over it. No need to break his balls,
he's not costing you any money.

Old June 27th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Godwin[_2_]

"karl gruber" wrote in
:

135 maintenance just means it is probably worn out, ratty, and ready
for a HUGE influx of cash.

Stay away for an old 135 airplane!!

I wouldn't be so general in your condemnation of Part 135 Used Airplanes.
I purchased a Part 135 Piper Lance and after a through pre-purchase
inspection, there were very few minor squawks and the overall condion was
very good.
Old June 29th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Victor Bravo

On Jun 27, 12:41 pm, John Godwin wrote:

I wouldn't be so general in your condemnation of Part 135 Used Airplanes.
I purchased a Part 135 Piper Lance and after a through pre-purchase
inspection, there were very few minor squawks and the overall condion was
very good.

Thank you, gentlemen... I appreciate the action on this topic. I
indeed do have a BS meter, and it does occasionally peg out, but I
wasn't BS'ing in this instance.

Bat, whomever you may be from my past or present, thanks But let
'em take their best shot... my balls have Kevlar leading edges.

Jack kept and maintained this 210 in good condition. Most of the smart-
asses in these waters may not know that there are several kinds of 135
operations, not all of them are 18 year old pilots with 200 hours PIC
running bank checks in clapped out Cherokees with 10K hours and no
maintenance. This one was running small parcels of nuclear medicine on
straight cruises between LA and SFO at normal cruise power.

Now I ask you... would you rather have that kind of 135 airplane, or a
Part 91 airplane that was rented out to every Tom, Dick and Harriet
who walked in the front door of a 'can't pay the bills this month'
FBO ?

As I said, this airplane was a fairly good one. I agree that the AOPA
appraisal (or the trade-e-plane asking price, etc.) is not always the
market reality. That's why you put things like this on ebay in the
first place, my dear neurosurgeons !

What gets me chuckling is the way that many of the peanut-gallery
pundits scream bloody murder at someone else's asking price, but then
when THEY sell their airplane it's made out of solid gold

OK, kiddies, I have another ebay airplane auction up now. It's a
reasonably nice, flyable (but major damage history) 172, and I will be
re-listing the other 210 of Jack's that did not meet the reserve the
first time within a couple of days.

Also, since there are Part 135 experts that are lurking these waters,
we will be selling the Medical Transport business itself, which
includes the 135 certificate, soon as well. Anyone who is interested
in a 135 business (single pilot, single engine, cargo) feel free to
contact me victorbravo (at} sbcglobal -dottt) net

Old June 29th 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Richard Isakson

"Victor Bravo" wrote :
This one was running small parcels of nuclear medicine on
straight cruises between LA and SFO at normal cruise power.

So, you're saying the airplane might be radioactive?

Rich

Old July 1st 07, 08:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Victor Bravo

On Jun 29, 3:16 pm, "Richard Isakson" wrote:

So, you're saying the airplane might be radioactive?

I love you guys

You're welcome to make a Geiger counter inspection part of the pre-
purchase. If it ticks too much, we can conjure up old Badwater Bill
from the olden days of RAH and have him decide whether it's safe to
fly. Then again, I've seen Bill a little radioactive on occasion
himself!