RV-7a baggage area

Old December 5th 03, 02:07 AM
David Smith

Default RV-7a baggage area

Hello All,
I am strongly considering the RV-7a and am interested in knowing the
dimensions of the baggage area behind the seats.

Thanks
David

Old December 5th 03, 03:09 PM
Dave S

Go to Van's website.. or email them.

www.vansaircraft.com
Dave

Old December 10th 03, 04:26 AM
Rick Poole

Dave,
I too need the answer to this and was planning on taking detailed pictures
of an RV-7A baggage compartment if I ever get the chance to look closely at
one. My concern was not so much weight capacity but how easy it is to fit
items into the compartment and what size items would fit. I remember
looking at an RV-6 a few years ago at Sun 'n Fun and thought it odd that
there were some straps or cables over the top of the compartment going from
the seat backs to the back of the baggage compartment. The owner was not
there to ask about them and I don't remember if that was common to most of
the RV-6s I looked at or just that one.

Are there any RV-7/7A owners out there who could post some pictures and
dimensions?

Rick Poole

Remove "nospam" to email

k.net...

Old December 10th 03, 02:49 PM
Gig Giacona

"Rick Poole" wrote in message
SNIP
I remember
looking at an RV-6 a few years ago at Sun 'n Fun and thought it odd that
there were some straps or cables over the top of the compartment going

from
the seat backs to the back of the baggage compartment. The owner was not
there to ask about them and I don't remember if that was common to most of
the RV-6s I looked at or just that one.

Think about it for a second. You have a 40 or 50 lbs object behind your head
traveling in a vehicle that is going 150 mph. If the vehicle decelerates of
stops suddenly what is going to happen to that object?

Hint: The cables or straps were tie downs.

Old December 10th 03, 10:55 PM
Dave Hyde

Gig Giacona wrote:

Hint: The cables or straps were tie downs.

Another hint. On RVs, the cables that run from the
seat backs to the upper part of the baggage area
are part of the shoulder harnesses.

Dave 'no-load' Hyde

Old December 5th 03, 04:39 PM
EUTNET

Baggage 100 lbs

Old December 5th 03, 05:51 PM
RR Urban

Hello All,
I am strongly considering the RV-7a and am interested in knowing the
dimensions of the baggage area behind the seats.

Thanks
David

"EUTNET" wrote:

Baggage 100 lbs

+++++++++++++++++

ARRRGH.

Go directly to jail.
Do NOT pass GO.
Do NOT collect $200.

Monopoly BOb --
Old December 7th 03, 02:07 AM
Dave S

And hence we have ANOTHER person who cannot tell the difference between
MASS and VOLUME.

I feel your frustration.

And.. whats sad is.. the person who said 100 pounds probably thought
they were being helpful by pointing out something "obvious"

Dave

RR Urban wrote:

Hello All,
I am strongly considering the RV-7a and am interested in knowing the
dimensions of the baggage area behind the seats.

Thanks
David

"EUTNET" wrote:

Baggage 100 lbs

+++++++++++++++++

ARRRGH.

Go directly to jail.
Do NOT pass GO.
Do NOT collect $200.

Monopoly BOb --

Old December 8th 03, 03:59 PM
Russell Kent

Dave S wrote:

And hence we have ANOTHER person who cannot tell the difference between
MASS and VOLUME.

I feel your frustration.

And.. whats sad is.. the person who said 100 pounds probably thought
they were being helpful by pointing out something "obvious"

Dave

Those that point out the mistakes of others would do well to mind their
own. Pounds (lbs.) are a measure of weight, not mass (which in the English
system would be slugs).

Van's own web page shows the baggage area to be "12+ cu. ft." If you need
a more precise number, I would suggest contacting Van's Aircraft directly.

http://www.vansaircraft.com/public/rv-7spe.htm

Russell Kent

Old December 8th 03, 08:24 PM
Gene Nygaard

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 09:59:10 -0600, Russell Kent
wrote:

Dave S wrote:

And hence we have ANOTHER person who cannot tell the difference between
MASS and VOLUME.

I feel your frustration.

And.. whats sad is.. the person who said 100 pounds probably thought
they were being helpful by pointing out something "obvious"

Dave

Those that point out the mistakes of others would do well to mind their
own.

Heed your own advice, fool.

Pounds (lbs.) are a measure of weight, not mass (which in the English
system would be slugs).

Where'd you get that idea?

Gene Nygaard
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Gene_Nygaard/
Gentlemen of the jury, Chicolini here may look like an idiot,
and sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: He
really is an idiot.
Groucho Marx