Garmin 195 screen problem

Old December 3rd 03, 02:14 AM
Roger Halstead

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 16:47:51 -0500, David O
wrote:

(BPattonsoa) wrote:

This group is simply amazing. Ask a simple question about problems with a
Garmin and you start a minor flame war.

So, does anyone want to answer the original question? Anyone having a lot of
problems with Garmin 195 screens?

Bruce Patton
RV-6A 596S
HP-18 5596S

Questions such as yours are better asked in rec.aviation.piloting
where there is a much larger readership and participation.

And ... they are far less tollerant

The only problem I had with mine was when I dropped it on the ramp
while standing on the wing of the Debonair. Parts everywhere.

Oh! I did have one other problem. The early ones had a problem with
the power connection through the mount to the multi pin connector on
the back of the 195. It seems like the replacement had a different
type of connection.

They said they'd repair it or replace it for a flat fee...Couple
hundred as I remember. It was well worth it. I sent the trashed one
in and received a new one back, complete with a newer style mount to
fit the Bonanza style cross bar for the yokes.

I purchased a new 295 and sold the 195 to one of the regular lurkers
on here. Last I knew it's still workin' fine. It's been a while but
the last time I flew safety pilot with him he still had it on the yoke
"as I recall".

You'll have to fix the return add due to dumb virus checkers, not spam
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair?)
www.rogerhalstead.com

David O -- http://www.AirplaneZone.com