ANN: WingX Version 1.2 - Federal Aviation Regulations on your PDA!

Old October 16th 03, 09:36 AM
Hilton Software LLC

Default ANN: WingX Version 1.2 - Federal Aviation Regulations on your PDA!

WingX Version 1.2 for the Pocket PC Released

San Jose (CA) -- Hilton Software LLC is proud to announce the release of
WingX Version 1.2 for the Pocket PC. Version 1.2 puts the Federal Aviation
Regulations on your PDA and makes them accessible via a fast and simple
user-interface designed especially for the Pocket PC. The database includes
Part 1, Part 43, Part 61, Part 91, Part 119, Part 141, Part 830, and the
Pilot/Controller Glossary.

WingX is a complete Pocket PC solution for aircraft owners and renter
pilots. Its rich feature-set includes:

* Weight and Balance with predefined aircraft models (e.g. Piper Archer)
* Route planning with distances, headings, wind correction angles and
more...
* Sunrise and sunset time for any airport
* E6B - convert temperatures, distances, weights; determine density
altitude etc...
* Expiration dates - let WingX remember when you next BFR or medical is
due
* Fast access to the Federal Aviation Regulations
* Downloadable databases - updating your databases is painless and fast.

*** Version 1.2 is a free upgrade for existing customers. ***

Visit us at http://www.hiltonsoftware.com for a free demo

Hilton Software LLC
Makers of WingX Aviation Software
http://www.hiltonsoftware.com

Old October 16th 03, 11:56 AM
Bob Noel

In article et,
"Hilton Software LLC" wrote:

cripes. If you go to the effort of putting "ANN: " in the subject,
why the heck don't you just put the announcement in
rec.aviation.annouce?

--
Bob Noel
Old October 16th 03, 05:19 PM
Hilton Software LLC

Bob Noel wrote:
Hilton Software LLC wrote:

cripes. If you go to the effort of putting "ANN: " in the subject,
why the heck don't you just put the announcement in
rec.aviation.annouce?

rec.aviation.annouce was my first choice until I saw it was full of weapons
talk and other junk posts. I decided to post in just one newsgroup and
prefix the subject with "ANN" to minimize the impact. Also, given the
numerous lengthy OT threads on r.a.piloting about DVDs etc, I didn't think
one post that was aviation related would be too invasive.

Thanks for sharing your views.

Hilton
Hilton Software LLC
Makers of WingX Software
http://www.hiltonsoftware.com

Old October 16th 03, 06:51 PM
Ron Natalie

"Bob Noel" wrote in message ...
In article et,
"Hilton Software LLC" wrote:

cripes. If you go to the effort of putting "ANN: " in the subject,
why the heck don't you just put the announcement in
rec.aviation.annouce?

r.a.a is a moderated group and the moderator seems to have never
really worked up any interest in moderating it. Any posts you see
there are spam with forced authentication.

Old October 16th 03, 06:51 PM
Ron Natalie

"Bob Noel" wrote in message ...
In article et,
"Hilton Software LLC" wrote:

cripes. If you go to the effort of putting "ANN: " in the subject,
why the heck don't you just put the announcement in
rec.aviation.annouce?

I'd recommend him not using ANN because I tend to not read anything
that looks like it might have something to do with the psychopath's
website.

Old October 17th 03, 01:59 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
I'd recommend him not using ANN because I tend to not read anything
that looks like it might have something to do with the psychopath's

website.

Yikes! That hardly seems neighborly.

Here's my two cents, since the thread seemed to start on this one AND in the
spirit of fairness to the original poster.

Just had to 'chime' in. I've been contrasting this product's features
against the 'King E6B' PocketPC software and have been most pleased with the
WingX. I've downloaded WingX and am currently using this product and find
that it is a well-crafted product with a most crisp and intuitive interface
(you can start using it from the 'get-go' and you won't have to hunt for a
'manual' to use it). Not to mention the fact that the company's number of
free software upgrades is most generous.

The addition of the FAR's adds not only the 'icing' to the cake but adds the
'cherry on top' to make WingX a generously featured PocketPC application.
..... And no, I'm not an employee of the company that makes it :-) I just
thought I'd be open-minded and give it a try,,, glad I did. If I hadn't I
would have really missed out on a solid aviation application for my handheld
from a small but very earnest company.

After spending my work days, troubleshooting PC workstations and networks,
fighting battles with software conflicts due to clunky, poorly written
code - it's nice to deal with a software application (in this case WingX)
that is well-scripted and delivers what it promises. Looks like a small
start-up company, to me, that is starting off with one very strong foot
forward.

Ron,,, if you tried it you would really like it! :-) Just my two cents.....

Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman, Jr.
PP-ASEL

"We who fly do so for the love of flying.
We are alive in the air with this miracle
that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"

- Cecil Day Lewis-

Check out my personal flying adventures: www.bayareapilot.com
m...

Old October 17th 03, 04:10 PM
Ron Natalie

"Cecil E. Chapman" wrote in message m...
"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
I'd recommend him not using ANN because I tend to not read anything
that looks like it might have something to do with the psychopath's

website.

Yikes! That hardly seems neighborly.

I'm just warning him...it's almost the same as putting a lot of ZZZ's in the
subject line.