Just a Wee Bit Bumpy in the East

Old October 29th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

Default Just a Wee Bit Bumpy in the East

Was going to take a day trip from Long Island to Norfolk, VA to visit
my brother taking up my sister for the first time in my airplane.
Decided to stay put given the forecast and a first-timer. Glad I did
especially after seeing these PIREPS around my planned route:

PIREP 17:11Z 10/29/06
EKN UUA /OV ESL-CJR/TM 1711/FL090/TP BE36/TB SEV/RM SEEMED LIKE A
ROTOR, PLANE WAS UPSIDE DOWN FL090-070 O/MOUNTAINS

PIREP 17:55Z 10/29/06
DCA UUA /OV OKV DURD/TM 1755/FL050/TP PA32/RM LLWS FL050 SFC/FLYING
37 YEARS RUFF AS AS IT GETS

PIREP 15:57Z 10/29/06
ABE UUA /OV FJC360010/TM 1557/FL060/TP M20P/TB SVR/RM HIT HEAD ON
CIELING

PIREP 19:11Z 10/29/06
WRI UUA /OV WRI200025/TM 1911/FL105/TP CRJ2/TB MOD-SEV 105-110/RM
10S DITCH FM ZNY CWSU

Can anyone figure out what that remark means in the last PIREP?

Marco

Old October 29th 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Marco Leon" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

It was windier than hell here in the midwest the last couple days. It has
been severe clear but no spam cans flying around. Pretty wild PIREP with the
Bonanza!

DW

Old October 30th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Just a Wee Bit Bumpy in the East -- Fabulous in the Midwest!

It was windier than hell here in the midwest the last couple days. It has
been severe clear but no spam cans flying around. Pretty wild PIREP with the
Bonanza!

Today was simply awesome flying weather in the Upper Midwest. We flew
from Iowa to Wisconsin in the most beautiful, crystal-clear, 100-mile
visibility, with light winds, and no turbulence. It was as good as it
gets, ever.

According to XM, the closest cloud was in South Dakota, two states
away. We flew into Grand Geneva Resort's strip (C02) for their awesome
Sunday brunch, and had an absolutely grand day.

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 30th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Guy Elden Jr

Hmm... let's see... 2 feet of snow in Buffalo a couple weeks ago... 18
inches in Colorado last week... Iowa is more or less half-way between
the two, I predict a foot of snow this week out in the corn belt!

--
Guy

Old October 30th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Greg B

"Guy Elden Jr" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hmm... let's see... 2 feet of snow in Buffalo a couple weeks ago... 18
inches in Colorado last week... Iowa is more or less half-way between
the two, I predict a foot of snow this week out in the corn belt!

Shouldn't that be 21 inches instead???

Iowa snow affects me too, it usually goes up to I-90.

;-)

Old October 30th 06, 06:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blanche

Guy Elden Jr wrote:
Hmm... let's see... 2 feet of snow in Buffalo a couple weeks ago... 18
inches in Colorado last week... Iowa is more or less half-way between
the two, I predict a foot of snow this week out in the corn belt!

12 in. in my front yard ('burb of Denver, the mountains got 2 feet)
on Thursday, and by Friday afternoon, most of it was gone.

Old October 30th 06, 12:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

12 in. in my front yard ('burb of Denver, the mountains got 2 feet)
on Thursday, and by Friday afternoon, most of it was gone.

Ick. You can keep it out west -- we still haven't put the
motorcycle/convertible away here in Iowa!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 30th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
real_name

In article .com,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Ick. You can keep it out west -- we still haven't put the
motorcycle/convertible away here in Iowa!

nor the northeast