Scouts have bumpy landing

Old March 24th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.scouting.usa,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.disasters.aviation
C J Campbell[_1_]

Default Scouts have bumpy landing

On 2007-03-22 17:54:22 -0700, "Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk at
wow way d0t com said:

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
The hard vs. soft argument is long debated. It's probably actually
a wash.

Well, given that gear up landings in smaller G.A. aircraft are generally
non-events (except for repair costs) I think you are right.

Whatever surface you land on, taxiing back to the hanger seems to be
difficult though.

On the other hand, you do get to look forward to a fresh overhaul, eh?

Nah. You kill the engine on most retracts and the prop stops horizontally.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old March 24th 07, 04:13 PM posted to rec.scouting.usa,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.disasters.aviation
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2007-03-21 13:40:24 -0700, "mike regish" said:

Shouldn't have gone for the grass if there was pavement available.

mike

"Fred Goodwin, CMA" wrote in message
s.com...

Seconds before the plane came down, Riegel said, the pilot told his
passengers he would land on the grass next to the runway.

I would agree with that. There is nothing wrong with the pavement. You
could flip over on the grass.

Old March 25th 07, 08:27 AM posted to rec.scouting.usa,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.disasters.aviation

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 09:04:24 -0700, C J Campbell

On 2007-03-19 14:55:04 -0700, "Robert M. Gary" said:

Its odd that BSA's site http://www.scouting.org/ doesn't mention
Explorers. I've not heard of them. Usually we try to get older boys
involved in Venture scouting to keep them interested.

-Robert

Explorers are essentially a separate organization now. They were once
the only Scouting program for older boys. However, the organizational
structure of Explorers made it vulnerable to legal assault by people
who do not like Scouting or its core values, so the Venture and Varsity
programs were developed instead.

"Separate But Equal" worked for Blacks, right?
Old March 26th 07, 08:23 AM posted to rec.scouting.usa,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.disasters.aviation

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 14:33:32 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

writes:

"Separate But Equal" worked for Blacks, right?

It did when there was true equality (which was rare), but it was an
unnecessary distinction, since there were no differences between blacks and
whites that justified it.

I was being facetious. How many whites got arrested and beaten for
drinking from a "Blacks Only" water fountain?
Old March 27th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip

On 24 Mar, 06:23, "CJ" wrote:
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in messagenews:Xns98FB5795D8BCDnunyfjukkinbidness@207 .14.116.130...

"Morgans" wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote
Like you!

Although I am sure you have good intentions, regarding exposing Mx, if
you were to look at all of the posts from, and about his presence,
from him and others, I think you will find what you are trying to do
has been tried.

Not by me it hasn't...

I'm what ya might call "a little bit different"

Yeah, but in a good way.

I was a occasional poster on AAS when Ralphie disappeared to Florida (did
the T-bone fall off its pedastel yet?) and ADA/RAM when Tarver was sent
away. I miss them both.

Me too, and I do remember you..

Are you still persona non grata in New Zealand?

Fraid so. Njikkie the nazi doesn't even love me anymore..

Bertie

Old March 27th 07, 03:19 AM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip

On 26 Mar, 14:47, Gord Beaman wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:

I was being facetious. How many whites got arrested and beaten for
drinking from a "Blacks Only" water fountain?

Not a significant number. But whites who attempted to ignore segregation did
get arrested, beaten up, and otherwise persecuted. White skin only protected
them as long as they followed the party line.

Whatta you guys think of the "Black Business Initiative" ads that
we're seeing on TV now?...I can only imagine the grief of a
person who tried to start something called "The White Business
Initiative"...

isn't that what Presbyterians are for?

Bertie

Old March 27th 07, 06:34 AM posted to rec.scouting.usa,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.disasters.aviation

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:45:21 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

writes:

I was being facetious. How many whites got arrested and beaten for
drinking from a "Blacks Only" water fountain?

Not a significant number. But whites who attempted to ignore segregation did
get arrested, beaten up, and otherwise persecuted. White skin only protected
them as long as they followed the party line.

Like Black comedians noted, it was on 9-11-2001 that Blacks finally
became Americans for a short period of time while "we" were united
against Muslims. That is all over and it's business as usual.