Can we talk about the Randolph problem?

Old October 7th 03, 10:23 PM
Michael Horowitz

Default Can we talk about the Randolph problem?

Folks - Back in June I began trying to get products from Randolph
distributors. Heard stories of the factory relocating and problems
with HAZMAT licenses; I'm sympathetic to a point, but.....
About a month ago, when asking a distributor about when the new
Ceconite 101 manual would be out, and why couldn't I use the old
manual if I could find a copy , they said that there was something new
in the manual (and I may have heard this incorrectly) that you had to
use Randolph products if the Ceconite 101 STC was to be followed.
Assuming I heard correctly (again, I could have missunderstood), isn't
part of an STC to demonstrate that you can provide the required
product?
If Randolph indeed has somehow become THE product to use to be in
compliance with the STC, and they are unable to produce the product,
what does that mean for us? What does it mean for them holding onto
the STC?

rant and another thing. I'm all for supporting the small guy, but
he's got to remember that when I call or e-mail them or make an order,
I'm remembering my experience with Aircraft Spruce. Prompt and
professional, and that's what I like and that's what I'm use to.
/rant

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.
Old October 8th 03, 03:45 AM
Daniel

Michael Horowitz wrote ...
Folks - Back in June I began trying to get products from Randolph...

Play hardblall.

Draft a new thread.

Subject: "Randolph Refusing to Deliver?!?!?!?"

Body: "I think Randolph may be out of business or headed that way
because..."

Send them a copy of the draft together with the names of all 22
rec.aviation.__ groups, the 51 Matronics lists, the 1049 Yahoo
aviation groups, and a link to the 38,700,000 Google hits for aviation
OR airplanes OR aircraft ( http://everythingflying.notlong.com/ ). If
they still burn you, burn 'em back.

PS - Let them know that based on your report, I'll never even consider
buying a damn thing from them.

Daniel
Old October 30th 03, 04:44 PM
Bruce A. Frank

Have you tried calling Roger Lehnert, national sales rep for Randolph?
If interested I can give you his home phone.

--
Bruce A. Frank, Editor "Ford 3.8/4.2L Engine and V-6 STOL
Homebuilt Aircraft Newsletter"

While trying to find the time to finish mine.