Two MOH Winners say Bush Didn't Serve

Old June 9th 04, 04:06 PM
Tammy

I know that Kerry earned four or five medals for bravery under fire or
similar action. Does anyone know how many medals for heroism Cheney
and Bush earned. I heard that it was less than Kerry.

(WalterM140) wrote in message ...
Where is Bush's certificate of Honorable Discharge?

I believe I've seen a copy on one posted on the Internet some time ago. The
real question is how much influence was exerted by his father the Congressman
get it issued. The answer to that little question seems to be clouded by
smoke
and mirrors, as our Repug friends are wont to say. Smoke usually coming from
fire, I daresay that his Congressional hand is in it somewhere although I
doubt
that, what with two presidents in the family, the public will ever learn the
truth about it.

George Z.

I was wrong. Officers don't get certificates of "Honorable Discharge". I have
a DD-214 that characterizes my service as honorable. My commission is still in
effect.

I do have two certificates of honorable discharge from when I was enlisted.
They came (as I recall) with little flag lapel pins.

Bush's record is incomplete. CBS has an article that says there are still
holes in it; as far as I -know-, no one has come forward in the Alabama
national guard to collect Gary Trudeau's $10,000 for saying they remember Bush.
However, the link on Doonesbury.com to that "contest" says that it has ended,
buit gives no results.

Bush's CO in Alabama -is- clearly on the record as saying that Bush never
reported to him.

Here is a link to where Bush was counseled that failure to perform adequately
in the Guard could result in involuntary call to active duty.

http://users.cis.net/coldfeet/doc23.gif

Walt

Walt

Old June 9th 04, 04:14 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Tammy" wrote in message
om...

I know that Kerry earned four or five medals for bravery under fire or
similar action. Does anyone know how many medals for heroism Cheney
and Bush earned. I heard that it was less than Kerry.

It appears some of those awards were likely unearned. Have you heard why
Kerry didn't complete his Vietnam service?

Old June 9th 04, 04:30 PM
OXMORON1

Tammy blurted:
I know that Kerry earned four or five medals for bravery under fire or
similar action. Does anyone know how many medals for heroism Cheney
and Bush earned. I heard that it was less than Kerry.

Did you also know that Mr. Kerry also stupidly and recklessly risked his men
and warship to win the medals? But, by gosh he secured that RPG launcher, even
if it was empty.
Plus, consider anyone who defames the Secret Service guy out there to protect
him, due to his own"skill" at snow sports, seems like a real ass who we really
need to run this country.
I also don't like his shoes! They flip flop a lot and are distracting.
Also while we are at it Hienz pickles suck!

oxmoron1
MFE
Old June 9th 04, 07:10 PM
B2431

From: (WalterM140)

The issue is that he did not fulfil his obligation.
He clearly did not.

He clearly did.
www.warbirdforum.com/bushf102.htm

What kind of pathological paranoia causes people to take these
positions?

The facts do. Not one person came forward to collect Trudeau's $10,000 as
having seen Bush in Alabama.

This proves what? People have come forward saying they saw him there. If it
were me I wouldn't accept the money.

His certificate of service, while characterizing the nature of service as
being
honorable, shows he only served 5 years, 4 months and 5 days of a six year
commitment.

Kerry also took an early out. Many people do. I took teriminal leave and
permissive TDY adding up to over 4 months. Does this mean I was let out early?

What -you- need to show is that Bush did not receive favorable treatment.
But
you can't show that, because the Republican smear/cover-up campaign is is
full
swing.

Ah yes, the "vast right wing conspiracy." Can you prove factually he did
receive special treatment? I mean something beyound "he was the son of a rich
oil man" or some such drivel.

You'd think the Bush partisans would have enough sense to just let this drop.

The people who keep bringing it up are on the other side. Read the thread name.

Senator Kerry is a highly decorated WIA veteran of the Viet Nam war, who
volunteered both for the war and for hazardous duty.

No one has argued that. Funny how the Kerry supporters always bring that up any
time he is criticised about any thing includeing his voting record in the
Senate, isn't it? For every man in the field in Viet Nam there was another
dozen or so in country who wasn't. Was there service any less honourable or
important than theirs?

The best case scenario for Bush is that he just slid by and did the absolute
-minimum- possible to maintain his commitment -- which he clearly took in
order
to avoid the draft.

Walt

OK, by my volunteering for active duty I avoided the draft too as did all the
other volunteers.

Since guardsmen and reservists DID serve in Viet Nam Bush was at risk. I have
an idea take a look at the number of reservists and guardsmen killed in Viet
Nam. You will find their names on the wall in D.C. if you care to look.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
Old June 9th 04, 07:19 PM
B2431

From: (WalterM140)

snip

However, the link on Doonesbury.com to that "contest" says that it has
ended,
buit gives no results.

Maybe he accepts the fact Bush was there.

Bush's CO in Alabama -is- clearly on the record as saying that Bush never
reported to him.

Here is a link to where Bush was counseled that failure to perform adequately
in the Guard could result in involuntary call to active duty.

http://users.cis.net/coldfeet/doc23.gif

Walt

Firstly that document is incomplete. Secondly nowhere does it sound like a LOC.
I have written my share of LOCs and the tenor is "you are" not "I am."
Thirdly officers are not enlistees.

As a WAG I'd say that looks more like a letter one would have to sign prior to
entering the Guard.

In any event what is the source of the document and where is the rest of it?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old June 9th 04, 07:20 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"B2431" wrote in message

Kerry also took an early out. Many people do. I took teriminal leave and
permissive TDY adding up to over 4 months. Does this mean I was let
out early?

" I am saddened by the fact that Vietnam has yet again been inserted into
the
campaign, and that it has been inserted in what I feel to be the worst
possible way. By that I mean that yesterday, during this Presidential
campaign, and even throughout recent times, Vietnam has been discussed and
written about without an adequate statement of its full meaning."

"We do not need to divide America over who served and how. I have
personally always believed that many served in many different ways. Someone
who was deeply against the war in 1969 or 1970 may well have served their
country with equal passion and patriotism by opposing the war as by fighting
in it. Are we now, 20 years or 30 years later, to forget the difficulties of
that time, of families that were literally torn apart, of brothers who
ceased to talk to brothers, of fathers who disowned their sons, of people
who felt compelled to leave the country and forget their own future and turn
against the will of their own aspirations?"

Senator John Kerry, Jan 30, 1992

Old June 9th 04, 10:04 PM
Ed Rasimus

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 18:20:22 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

" I am saddened by the fact that Vietnam has yet again been inserted into
the
campaign, and that it has been inserted in what I feel to be the worst
possible way. By that I mean that yesterday, during this Presidential
campaign, and even throughout recent times, Vietnam has been discussed and
written about without an adequate statement of its full meaning."

Ahh, yes. That from he who repeatedly inserts Vietnam into the
campaign. How duplicitous.

Senator John Kerry, Jan 30, 1992

Why do I feel this strong urge to regurgitate?

From one of Kerry's accused war criminals...

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
Smithsonian Institution Press
ISBN #1-58834-103-8
Old June 9th 04, 10:28 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message

From one of Kerry's accused war criminals...

"I committed the same kinds of atrocities as thousands of others
in that I shot in free fire zones, used harassment and interdiction fire,
joined in search and destroy missions, and burned villages. All of these
acts were established policies from the top down, and the men who ordered
this are war criminals."

"I would like to talk on behalf of all those veterans and
say that several months ago in Detroit we had an investigation at which over
150 honorably discharged, and many very highly decorated, veterans testified
to war crimes committed in Southeast Asia. These were not isolated incidents
but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of
officers at all levels of command."

John Kerry, April 1971

Old June 9th 04, 11:14 PM
Ed Rasimus

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 21:28:33 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message
.. .

From one of Kerry's accused war criminals...

"I committed the same kinds of atrocities as thousands of others
in that I shot in free fire zones, used harassment and interdiction fire,
joined in search and destroy missions, and burned villages. All of these
acts were established policies from the top down, and the men who ordered
this are war criminals."

"I would like to talk on behalf of all those veterans and
say that several months ago in Detroit we had an investigation at which over
150 honorably discharged, and many very highly decorated, veterans testified
to war crimes committed in Southeast Asia. These were not isolated incidents
but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of
officers at all levels of command."

John Kerry, April 1971

Yeah, ain't war a bitch.

And, wasn't it amazing how many of those "honorably discharged and
....highly decorated..." assholes turned out to be wannabes and
neverweres.

Just last month in Nashville, I met with seven hundred combat aviators
from that conflict who wouldn't urinate on Kerry if he were aflame.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
"W" is JFK's son and Bush revenge killed Kennedy in 1963 Ross C. Bubba Nicholson Aerobatics 0 August 28th 04 11:28 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 05:26 PM