Come see us at Oshkosh

Old August 30th 07, 05:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Come see us at Oshkosh

On Aug 29, 9:40 pm, Darrel Toepfer wrote:
wrote:
OK 10% discount... but you have to mention this thread.

Dean W
AeroLEDs LLC
www.aeroleds.com

Glad to see y'all gotten a price reduction. At Oshkosh Whelen was quoting a
better price on an as yet undelivered product (much the same as y'all
were). Course their's had 2 less LED's in it...

Nice meeting y'all there, sorry my dad and I got y'all up so early!!!

Will definitely take y'all up on this, how longs this offer last? Still
working on my project Pacer...

Hi Darryl,

It was nice meeting you as well. We'll honor the 10% discount offered
here through the end of this year. Just mention the name of this
thread. For the discount you have to purchase it from our website.

Dean
AeroLEDs LLC
www.aeroleds.com

Old August 30th 07, 07:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Hilton

Morgans wrote:
Hilton wrote

In your opinion, is it acceptable to put your company's name and/or URL
in your sig? That's not answering any question and is pimping the
product - right?'

I think that is the thin line, that Jim is talking about.

Sig lines, OK; much more than that, not OK.

I'm a big supporter of the Aero LED's, and if a conversation about thin
comes up, then pimp away. To make a product announcement is one step over
the line tho', IMHO.

Well, I'm seeing these ad hoc 'rules' being applied inconsistently. I don't
want to mention names and I'm not looking to 'stir', but what Dean did was
to post a few lines about his product, his efforts, and in a way his
contribution to aviation and aviation safety; yet people jump all over him.
All the while, there are some very very long posts about a 'product' that is
continually praised and somehow not regarded as spam. We get so much crap
in these NGs, for people to react this way to Dean's post was quite silly
IMHO. Shouldn't we be supporting each other on this NG if "pilots are
really different from the general population"? Every Oshkosh there are a
lot of posts about the smallest things, then there are those who quote a 10
page post with a one line reply and post the whole lot. Guys, a two line
post of "My product X sells for $99" really ain't that bad.

If I owned a plane, I'd be glad Dean mentioned his product here and I'd
seriously look into buying it. A lot more pilots read these NGs than the
announcements NG, so for Dean, or me, or anyone else to post the occasional
'product annoucement' should be encouraged.

OK, so normally I don't sig my posts for fear of these type of threads, but
what the heck...

Hilton Goldstein, CEO
Hilton Software LLC
Maker of Aviation Software
http://www.hiltonsoftware.com
WingX for the Pocket PC
WingX for the Smartphone - new!
-SmartTaxi Runway Incursion Prevention Technology
-METARs, TAFs, Winds Aloft, Temperature Aloft
-DUATS - briefings
-DUATS - file/close/cancel Flight Plans
-Comprehensive A/FD

OK, there, got that out of my system, back to regular programming...

Old August 31st 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
El Maximo

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
Dean...

Sorry, buddy, but you've crossed that thin line between answering a
question (and I didn't see one posed) and pimping your product in this
newsgroup. The former is accepted practice; the latter is not.

Jim

Things that make you go hmmmmm......

On Jun 23, 9:27 am, "RST Engineering" wrote:
If it is publicized and if I don't have another forum at that time and if
there is sufficient grabber in the press release and if it isn't at 8 am
or
5 pm and if we don't have another appointment, then perhaps.

Why all the posing and coyness? Just tell us what you've got and if it is
that cool then we'll make it our business to sort you out at The Show.
Yeah, I know. You're just an engineer. Me too. But I never miss an
opportunity to tell people about "my new baby".

Jim

Old August 31st 07, 06:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Aug 30, 8:00 pm, "El Maximo" wrote:
[...]

Jim- Hide quoted text -

You noticed that too, eh? I'm not sure what Jim's beef is with me,
but I don't seem to be getting consistent messages from him on R.A.P.

Oh well...

Dean

Come see us at Oshkosh [email protected] Piloting 56 August 31st 07 06:08 AM
Oshkosh for a day Nathan Young Home Built 6 July 25th 05 04:07 AM
Oshkosh Dudley Henriques Piloting 2 July 11th 05 11:35 PM
How about this for GAC at Oshkosh? Paul Tomblin Piloting 7 August 13th 03 02:03 PM
CQ Oshkosh, CQ Oshkosh Warren & Nancy Piloting 4 July 3rd 03 06:42 PM