New soaring video at SSA convention

Old January 31st 04, 09:09 PM
JuanM

Default New soaring video at SSA convention

Anyone attending the SSA convention please come to the premiere of "A Fine Week
of Soaring" on Thursday, Feb. 5 at 2:30pm. It will be for sale there at the
SeeYou booth. We will have DVD and VHS versions and PAL VHS also.

Soon after it will be for sale by phone and through our web site. I will post
details.

Here's George Moffat's review to whet your appetite! Other reviews to come
soon.

“Juan Mandelbaum's new film, "A Fine Week of Soaring," is a must-see for
anyone interested in sailplanes, especially contest flying. Filmed at the
Mifflin Regionals, it is marked by stunning photography, much of it featuring
the famed Pennsylvania ridges, up close and personal. In the 68 minute film,
producer/director Juan, an accomplished soaring pilot as well as a professional
movie maker, flies with Karl Striedieck in his Duo Discus on each contest day,
and we get to listen to The Master's laconic and often amusing commentary on
why he does what. Several other pilots are featured, showing varied viewpoints
on each day's flight, with experience varying from a World Champion down to a
relative newcomer. An interesting and helpful added feature is the use of
SeeYou animation to show the tracks of some of the gliders. This film is a
highly professional job and a delight to watch.”

George Moffat
World Champion 1970 and 1974