Which airport for University of Pittsburgh?

Old June 27th 04, 07:02 PM
Paul Tomblin

Default Which airport for University of Pittsburgh?

It's college tour time for my step-daughter. Is KPIT the best airport to
land at for University of Pittsburgh?

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
The thing I've noticed, particularly about Usenet, that while as a
Old June 27th 04, 07:25 PM
Greg

Paul Tomblin wrote:

It's college tour time for my step-daughter. Is KPIT the best airport to
land at for University of Pittsburgh?

It's probably a toss up between KAGC and KPIT these days. I'd say go with
KAGC for convenience, but their prices may be very comparable to KPIT. Also,
the selection of rental cars is probably much better at KPIT. If you find
yourself going back, try 'em both!

Old June 27th 04, 07:27 PM
Bob Chilcoat

I would presume that KAGC would be better from both landing fee and
proximity points of view. OTOH, I've never flown into Pgh. myself, only
with my father as a kid, or commercial. I did grow up there, however (Mt
Lebanon, class of '62).

I don't have to like Bush and Cheney (Or Kerry, for that matter) to love
America

Old June 27th 04, 11:21 PM
Bill J

No landing fee at AGC, I think $17 plus FBO ramp at PIT. You can park
free in front of the AGC terminal and get a cab to town (or even bus if
you want that)if you don't need FBO services (Corporate Jets) .

Old June 28th 04, 01:04 AM
Richard Kaplan

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message

It's college tour time for my step-daughter. Is KPIT the best airport to
land at for University of Pittsburgh?

KAGC is closer and has no landing fee. KPIT is further, has a $7.50 or
landing fee and the FBO charges a "handling fee" (? $25) as well.

Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com