Non existent VOR

Old April 1st 06, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Non existent VOR

I flew from Ohio to Florida early this week. The third leg was from
Valdosta (KVLD) GA to West Palm Beach (KPBI) FL.
My originally filed route was amended twice before I got 25 miles. JAX
Center gave me PHK (Pahokee VOR) as my final fix before KPBI.
As I was nearing the east shore of Lake Okeechobee, the approach
controller asked me if I was going direct to some intersection.
I responded that I was flying direct PHK.
He then told me PHK had disappeared in one of the hurricanes last year.
I told him that I was going to ask if any had reported that the VOR was
out of service, as I had not been receiving any signal on the nav
receiver.
There was no NOTAM in any of my briefings, center gave me an amended
clearance with the fix included, and it is charted on the new charts
(IFR and Sectionals).
Only the local controllers told seem to know the navaid did not exist.
This one gets a NASA Form 277.
Old April 2nd 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

It must be George Bush's fault, you know that FEMA and
Homeland Security follow President Bush's evil plans. They
must be planning to have Teddy Kennedy fly into the Bermuda
Triangle due to lack of guidance.

Old April 2nd 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

In article DzEXf.7492$t22.6504@dukeread08,
"Jim Macklin" wrote:

It must be George Bush's fault, you know that FEMA and
Homeland Security follow President Bush's evil plans. They
must be planning to have Teddy Kennedy fly into the Bermuda
Triangle due to lack of guidance.

well, at least that would be safer than expecting Ted to
drive there.

:-/

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old April 2nd 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Jim Macklin wrote:
It must be George Bush's fault, you know that FEMA and
Homeland Security follow President Bush's evil plans. They
must be planning to have Teddy Kennedy fly into the Bermuda
Triangle due to lack of guidance.

You Bushies love to use sarcasm to defend King George.

He had an evil plan but it wasn't Homeland Security or Katrina.~

His evil plan was committing this country to a folly in Iraq that was
bleed the federal treasury dry. Pretty much everyone agrees that we are
now stuck there and bleeding literally and fiscally.

That's why King George couldn't do any better with Katrina than he did.
I have no doubt he would have done better had there been any
money left.

When you GA guys start paying users' fees, keep in mind that is King
George at work, too.
Old April 2nd 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

In article ckFXf.14864$6a1.2932@fed1read04, Sam Spade
wrote:

When you GA guys start paying users' fees, keep in mind that is King
George at work, too.

you mean the user fees pushed during Clinton/Gore?

oops. Sorry, didn't mean to inject actual fact into any anti-Bush subthread.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old April 2nd 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

wrote:

When you GA guys start paying users' fees, keep in mind that is King
George at work, too.

you mean the user fees pushed during Clinton/Gore?

oops. Sorry, didn't mean to inject actual fact into any anti-Bush subthread.

Sure, those Demo boys knew the country was overextended, so they floated
that concept.

And, I agree, had Gore been elected rather than Bush in 2000 user fees
*may* have come to pass sooner.

But, they will come to pass under King George, because we now have no
choice.

Yes, I am anti-Bush, and I didn't like Gore either.

King George has expanded federal spending and the deficient beyond the
wildest dreams of the tax-and-spend lefties.
Old April 2nd 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

In article YEGXf.14873$6a1.3816@fed1read04, Sam Spade
wrote:

King George has expanded federal spending and the deficient beyond the
wildest dreams of the tax-and-spend lefties.

The President doesn't appropriate money. Try to learn what branch of
the Federal government does what...

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old April 2nd 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

But this time Mary Jo Kopechne gets to drive, er, fly.

newszEXf.7492$t22.6504@dukeread08...

Old April 2nd 06, 01:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

wrote:

King George has expanded federal spending and the deficient beyond the
wildest dreams of the tax-and-spend lefties.

The President doesn't appropriate money. Try to learn what branch of
the Federal government does what...

And Government policy is not decided by popularity polls or loud
expressions of pain and discomfort. Further, childish disrespect for
the President is unlikely to accomplish anything.
Old April 2nd 06, 01:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

wrote:

King George has expanded federal spending and the deficient beyond the
wildest dreams of the tax-and-spend lefties.

The President doesn't appropriate money. Try to learn what branch of
the Federal government does what...

Oh, you mean the Consititutional mandate that Congress must *approve*
appropriation bills?

Who submits those appropriations for the most part, and who provides the
leadership for discretionary spending?

Again, your sarcasm shows more heat than light.

Congress invaded Iraq?