A GA pilot in the White House

Old January 30th 04, 02:42 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Mike O'Malley" said:
Civil- "Executive One" (has a sitting president EVER flown in a civilian
aircraft since this nomeclature has been used?)

I remember Nixon going on a commercial flight once. The Secret Service
had kittens.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
I think it's a beautiful day to go to the zoo and feed the ducks.
Old January 30th 04, 04:50 AM
R.Hubbell

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:25:21 +0100 Martin Hotze wrote:

"R.Hubbell" wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When are they going to come out with a version that stops people
from posting spam/advertisements on news groups?

mabye the day when people stop stealing other people's domain?
or when hell freezes over. whatever comes first.

What are you talking about? Or are you unsure?

R. Hubbell

#m
--
http://www.MoveOn.org/ - - - - - http://www.bushin30seconds.org/

http://www.khilafah.com/home/categor...D=9007&TagID=2

Old January 30th 04, 04:51 AM
R.Hubbell

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:54:03 GMT Newps wrote:

Martin Hotze wrote:

"R.Hubbell" wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When are they going to come out with a version that stops people
from posting spam/advertisements on news groups?

mabye the day when people stop stealing other people's domain?

I'm not stealing anything. I'm merely using their server as a
repository for spam.

Another one. Are you guys in cahoots?

R. Hubbell
Old January 30th 04, 04:53 AM
R.Hubbell

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:22:29 GMT "G.R. Patterson III" wrote:

Tom Fleischman wrote:

I have a notion that if we can get that beady-eyed moron out of the
White House a lot of the paranoid nonsense that we as pilots have had
to endure over the past three years will go with him.

I don't think so. The mail I get from the Democratic party pretty much states
that they don't think Bush has restricted us enough. They propose that "stricter
security measures" are necessary.

Wait a minute. Are you saying you believe a politician (political party) during
an election year?

R. Hubbell

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."

Old January 30th 04, 10:48 AM
Cub Driver

The Queen flew BA a year or two ago.

I believe she took over the first class cabin. The paying passengers
had to board and be seated (and presumably the ramp taken away) before
she boarded the aircraft.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old January 30th 04, 02:37 PM
G.R. Patterson III

David Reinhart wrote:

Nothing I can find on the DNC web site. Are there any links on that literature
you're getting?

None that I know of. The mail that I particularly remember was in the form of those
"surveys" that are thinly disguised contribution requests. When a question about
security allows you to select "we need more" and "no opinion" but doesn't allow
you to say that we've gone too far in that regard, you get a pretty good idea of
what the author thinks is necessary. Phrases like "do you agree" that further
restrictions are needed are also pretty good clues.

George Patterson
Love, n.: A form of temporary insanity afflicting the young. It is curable
either by marriage or by removal of the afflicted from the circumstances
under which he incurred the condition. It is sometimes fatal, but more
often to the physician than to the patient.
Old January 30th 04, 05:29 PM
Newps

Martin Hotze wrote:

it is stealing:
stealing their identity

Baloney.

stealing their ressources (bandwidth, cpu time, disk space)

Well sometimes you'rethe windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

but you are also stealing somebody else's domain

They still own their domain, I merely pulled that name out of my ass.

... so you don't care either.

Nope.

Old January 31st 04, 02:48 AM
R.Hubbell

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:06:15 +0100 Martin Hotze wrote:

"R.Hubbell" wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"R.Hubbell" wrote:

mabye the day when people stop stealing other people's domain?
or when hell freezes over. whatever comes first.

What are you talking about? Or are you unsure?

*hmmm* let's see. is "EXAMPLE.COM" _*your*_ domain? Does it belong to you or do
you have any rights to use it?

yes? then I'll apologize immediately.
no? so why are you still using it?

Are you ready for this? Instead of telling you I will let you enlighten yourself.
I see you're a proponent of moveon.org so you are on your way to full enlightment already.

Do this:

1. http://example.com

Now do you understand? Surprised at how right you thought you were?

R. Hubbell

R. Hubbell

#m

Old January 31st 04, 02:52 AM
David Reinhart

In addition to the DNC Web site I also checked out the sites for Kerry, Dean, and
Edwards (all I had time for). None of them specifically mention GA as a security
problem. The all point to maritime cargo security as an issue and a couple to air
cargo.

Edwards has a specific proposal for a "Homeland Intelligence Agency". Just typing that
makes me shudder. He's got a long list of judicial, congressional and ombudsman-style
oversight items that go along with it, but it still scares me.

Dave Reinhart