Fly-in B&B for new years

Old December 23rd 05, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

Default Fly-in B&B for new years

I'd love to fly to a B&B (preferably within a six-hour C172 flight of Dallas)
for new years. Anyone know of any good places or resources for finding
near-airport B&Bs? One with an instrument approach would be ideal (depending
on WX) but maybe not necessary. Thanks! -Nick

To reply by email -- change male to mail in the address.
Old December 23rd 05, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

Nick Kliewer wrote:
I'd love to fly to a B&B (preferably within a six-hour C172 flight of Dallas)
for new years. Anyone know of any good places or resources for finding
near-airport B&Bs? One with an instrument approach would be ideal (depending
on WX) but maybe not necessary. Thanks! -Nick

To reply by email -- change male to mail in the address.

KIER - Natchitoches, La.
Popular river walk / Christmas Lites / Historical / Lots of B&B's
Courtesy Car / Decent fuel prices...

---

4R7 - Eunice, La.
Several B&B's (most or all will pick you up), lots of lites, no courtesy
car or fuel @ decent prices...

-

Both have GPS approaches, what did you want to do when you got there?
KIER has fireworks most nights, might want to do a lookup on that.
Eunice doesn't have anything planned that I kneaux of, most the civic
concerts/plays are over with already...
Old December 23rd 05, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

I'd love to fly to a B&B (preferably within a six-hour C172 flight of Dallas)
for new years. Anyone know of any good places or resources for finding
near-airport B&Bs? One with an instrument approach would be ideal (depending
on WX) but maybe not necessary. Thanks! -Nick

/commerical mode on

Set a course of 206, and fly 4:15 hours.

When you land, you'll be at the Alexis Park Inn & Suites, in Iowa City,
IA -- where you can stay in one of our aviation theme suites. Each
suite has a jacuzzi, a full kitchen, living room,
delivered-to-the-suite continental breakfast, and you'll enjoy free use
of our courtesy car for the duration of your stay. We've got packages
that include dinner and champagne, if you'd prefer.

We've got GPS and VOR approaches to KIOW, which is located about 400
feet away... See us at www.AlexisParkInn.com

/commercial mode off

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 23rd 05, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'd love to fly to a B&B (preferably within a six-hour C172 flight of Dallas)
for new years. Anyone know of any good places or resources for finding
near-airport B&Bs? One with an instrument approach would be ideal (depending
on WX) but maybe not necessary. Thanks! -Nick

/commerical mode on

Set a course of 206, and fly 4:15 hours.

When you land, you'll be at the Alexis Park Inn & Suites, in Iowa City,
IA -- where you can stay in one of our aviation theme suites. Each

I don't think so, that'll take him down toward Corpus Christi. Maybe you meant 026

--
Cheers,
John Clonts

Old December 23rd 05, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

Hmm... breaking out the EggNog around there buddy? or is that a Freudian
slip and you'd really rather be in Texas?
BTW... MSNBC says you don't have any snow cover in Iowa, just thought I'd
let ya know lol
Jim

oups.com...

Old December 23rd 05, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

Set a course of 206, and fly 4:15 hours.

When you land, you'll be at the Alexis Park Inn & Suites, in Iowa City,
IA -- where you can stay in one of our aviation theme suites.

I don't think so, that'll take him down toward Corpus Christi. Maybe you meant 026

Crap. Damn dyslexia -- 206 is the course for me to fly to Dallas!

Okay, try flying 018 degrees for 4.25 hours, and see where you end
up...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 23rd 05, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

Crap. Damn dyslexia -- 206 is the course for me to fly to Dallas!

So, if he =does= arrive, you give him the "Wrong Way Corrigan" suite?

Jose
--
You can choose whom to befriend, but you cannot choose whom to love.
Old December 23rd 05, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

BTW... MSNBC says you don't have any snow cover in Iowa, just thought I'd
let ya know lol

Actually, we *are* apparently an anomaly now. The recent warm weather
has completely melted the snow in Des Moines, and to the southeast of
us in Burlington -- but we've still got a good 6 - 8 inches on the
ground, with humongous piles of it everywhere.

We at least were able to bust up some of the ice that had formed in
between our buildings today, with 44 degree temps. Man, that stuff was
thick, and like iron. Kept my 15 year old son busy for HOURS!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA