Blue Angels, the Early Years, pt 3 - Douglas A4 Skyhawk Blue Angels 08.JPG (1/1)

Old April 17th 08, 01:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman Mitchell Holman is offline
Banned

Default Blue Angels, the Early Years, pt 3 - Douglas A4 Skyhawk Blue Angels 08.JPG (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Douglas A4 Skyhawk Blue Angels 08.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	24666
Old April 17th 08, 02:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Scubabix

That looks like El Centro. I spent a week there one day.

Rob

Old April 17th 08, 08:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
chuck

Hell! That's not "Early". Early is Hellcats or Bearcat years.

Old April 17th 08, 09:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman Mitchell Holman is offline
Banned

"Chuck" wrote in
:

Hell! That's not "Early". Early is Hellcats or Bearcat years.

It beat "Prior" years and "Previous" years in
all the polls I have taken.......

Old April 18th 08, 02:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Default Blue Angels, the Early Years, pt 3 - Douglas A4 Skyhawk Blue Angels 08.JPG

This is a great shot of the best looking 2nd generation carrier jet. Long
live the Skyhawk.
Old April 18th 08, 05:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

Mitchell Holman wrote in news:Xns9A839AD17CBBCta2eene@
216.196.97.131:

"Chuck" wrote in
:

Hell! That's not "Early". Early is Hellcats or Bearcat years.

It beat "Prior" years and "Previous" years in
all the polls I have taken.......

And it's been 22 years since the Blues flew Scooters.

Gawd, I'm old...

Bob ^,,^

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A-4F_154176_Blue_Angels_SandPoint_7-75.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	24674
Old April 18th 08, 07:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
chuck

Not only good "looking" but one helluva good fighting and surviving little
bird.
I got to fly one 'way back in 1956 in Alameda California, (before NATOPS),
when
all you had to do to check out in a bird was to get someone to show you how
start it. (small wonder why our accident rate was so high), but "what the
hell!",
planes were cheap and if you screwed up, it was your own damned fault for
trying something you couldn't handle.

But I digress, After two tours on USS Boat in the Tonkin Gulf flying F8
Crusaders
I was amazed at the battle damage those little *******s could sustain and
still
bring their drivers home. They did a lotta' damage considering the
constraints
imposed by Robert STRANGE and LBJ. By contrast, the F8 was so tender that
a kid with a slingshot could almost bring you down, so speed was your only
defense.
My hat will always be off to the "Tink" drivers as I saw them disappear in a
flak
or SAM burst and still fly out the other side only to go back the next day
and
do it all over again.

Old April 20th 08, 12:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Scubabix

And it's been 22 years since the Blues flew Scooters.

Gawd, I'm old...

Bob ^,,^

Damn, and I'm getting old too. The first time I saw them, they were flying
the F11F's. Of course I was VERY young then.

Rob