Electric flight is coming

Old September 18th 10, 10:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Electric flight is coming

Mark wrote:
On Sep 18, 2:19Â*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
This "news" is over 6 years old and no progress on a commercial product.

Query: Â*Then why is it dated April 2010??

Because you are to stupid to back track the story to find that the original
announcement was made in 2005.

1. It was re-released because it's in play

No it wasn't, it was published in response to an e-mail question and rehases
previously published stuff.

Them most recent article on the subject from your cited source is 2006 and
it references stuff from 2005.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old September 18th 10, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mark wrote:
On Sep 18, 2:19Â*pm, wrote:

Because you are to stupid to back track the story to find that the original
announcement was made in 2005.

The word "to" indicates direction, indicates position, or
forms an infinitive. The word "two" sounds just like it.
It represents the numerical value between one and
three.

That's the best response you can come up with, going on at length over
a typo?

At least I don't critize your atrocious writing until you've done the same
thing at least three times.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old September 18th 10, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On Sep 18, 5:13*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Sep 18, 2:19*pm, wrote:

Because you are to stupid to back track the story to find that the original
announcement was made in 2005.

The word "to" indicates direction, indicates position, or
forms an infinitive. *The word "two" sounds just like it.
It represents the numerical value between one and
three.

That's the best response you can come up with, going on at length over
a typo?

Yes, that was me taking the high road, as opposed to
sophomoric name calling. ( i.e., stupid, full of crap, 15yr.old etc.)
What next? Poopy doodie head?

At least I don't critize your atrocious writing until you've done the same
thing at least three times.

Is that the rule? What a man.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Old September 19th 10, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article
,
Mark wrote:

On Sep 18, 1:34*pm, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:
In article
,

*Mark wrote:
On Sep 18, 9:33*am, Mark wrote:
Electric planes will fly circles around gasoline planes in
the near future.

"In the drive to devise more efficient and durable batteries, one
promising option uses carbon nanotubes, which not only can store far
more electricity by weight than lithium ion batteries but also retain
their charge for a much longer time."

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-talk-charging...

Also, I included this video for conceptualization purposes only.
The battery pack weighs 200lbs. In 10 years this will make a good
comedy film. It's like looking at a steam engine in a volkswagon.
(however it does fly) *The new generation of technology will shrink
that battery pack down to 5lbs, and the size of a cigar box.
Once that occurs, you will see power beyond your imagination
that will outrun a Cessna Corvalis TT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Pb_psj1A8

---
Mark

When are we going to have the dilithium crystals necessary for this
technology?

As soon as you improve your popcorn.

OK, Buster: Just go down to your grocery store and take down a package
of popcorn. Tell them I said you could have it and watch what happens
next!

Battery weight is simply a matter of chemistry -- and that imposes
severe limits on its ability to carry charge.

No sir that isn't correct. Battery weight is the mass of the
container and it's contents. The chemistry is optional.
The charge is electrical. It may exist in highly efficient
molecular structures superior to the lead and acid water
of the 1800's.

Yes -- either dilithium crystals or the balonium/unobtainium ion
exchange.

I STILL haven't figured what kind of stuff you are smoking!
Old September 19th 10, 07:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 23:16:53 -0400, Orval Fairbairn wrote:

In article
,
Mark wrote:

On Sep 18, 1:34*pm, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:
In article
,

*Mark wrote:
On Sep 18, 9:33*am, Mark wrote:
[...]

Blue Dream mixed with Sour Grapes Kush.

Mark The Stoner
Old September 19th 10, 12:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On Sep 18, 11:16Â*pm, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:
In article
,

Â*Mark wrote:
On Sep 18, 1:34Â*pm, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:
In article
,

Â*Mark wrote:
On Sep 18, 9:33Â*am, Mark wrote:
Electric planes will fly circles around gasoline planes in
the near future.

"In the drive to devise more efficient and durable batteries, one
promising option uses carbon nanotubes, which not only can store far
more electricity by weight than lithium ion batteries but also retain
their charge for a much longer time."

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-talk-charging...

Also, I included this video for conceptualization purposes only.
The battery pack weighs 200lbs. In 10 years this will make a good
comedy film. It's like looking at a steam engine in a volkswagon.
(however it does fly) Â*The new generation of technology will shrink
that battery pack down to 5lbs, and the size of a cigar box.
Once that occurs, you will see power beyond your imagination
that will outrun a Cessna Corvalis TT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Pb_psj1A8

---
Mark

When are we going to have the dilithium crystals necessary for this
technology?

As soon as you improve your popcorn.

OK, Buster: Just go down to your grocery store and take down a package
of popcorn. Tell them I said you could have it and watch what happens
next!

Ok. Wait...this sounds like a trick. Nah, you wouldn't.

Battery weight is simply a matter of chemistry -- and that imposes
severe limits on its ability to carry charge.

No sir that isn't correct. Battery weight is the mass of the
container and it's contents. Â*The chemistry is optional.
The charge is electrical. It may exist in highly efficient
molecular structures superior to the lead and acid water
of the 1800's.

Yes -- either dilithium crystals

I just can't see crystallized dilithium, with an internuclear
separation
of 267.3 pm and a bond energy of 101 kJ mol−1 it just ain't
gonna happen. In other words...it's known in the "gas phase".

Ok, let's go to the molecular orbital diagram:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MO_diag...ium_MO_diagram

See... 1σg21σu22σg2. I rest my case.

or the balonium/unobtainium ion
exchange.

People have tried the balonium/unobtainium ion exchange for
years with no success. Contemporary thought now has
scientists pinning their hopes on bull****ium/malarkium as
a viable replacement.

If you want a new battery to fly planes think carbon.

I STILL haven't figured what kind of stuff you are smoking!

Smoking causes herpes. I fly clear.

---
Mark

Old July 6th 11, 01:48 PM
suzienderson suzienderson is offline
Junior Member

That is really a great news. If electric flight come then there is no need of fuel in the flight. We can save the fuel and we no need to cost high for pure fuel for flight. With electric flight we have to just charge the battery.