Relieving in flight

Old December 26th 17, 06:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default Relieving in flight

On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 7:05:07 AM UTC-8, Waveguru wrote:
I had an Open Jantar with a relief port built into the fuselage under the seat. After using it for a season there was an article in Soaring about how the pee would run down the fuselage, into the gear well, and corrode things. I ended up removing the gear and refinishing it. The article said to run the tube back to the gear doors to get the pee away from the fuselage by dropping the gear. It also said to put a T in the line so you could blow it out so it wouldn't freeze. I ran a new line back and put the T in, tested it on the ground and went soaring. After a couple of hours in the wave, I really had to pee, so I dropped the gear and cut loose. The pee started coming out of the blow out tube and into my lap! I immediately pinched off the tube, but it's hard to stop peeing that quick. The condom started filling up like a water balloon! Great, now what? I stuck the tube out the vent window and finished the job, spraying **** all over the fuselage and wing. So I'm left with a tube full of **** that I didn't want inside. I thought there must be some small plug in the line, it had worked on the ground... My solution was to wipe off the end of the tube and blow on it, which just re-inflated the condom! Frustrated and not thinking, I pulled the tube out of my mouth, blasting the remaining **** back into my mouth and all over my face! My first response was disgust, but then I thought "That didn't taste all that bad... Maybe with a little ice and a sprig of mint..." Back on the ground I discovered the problem. I had ran tube under the seat pan and my weight crushed the tube. After re-routing, it worked well for many years. Happy soaring.

Boggs

Thanks for the comic relief, Gary.
Did I write that? Sorry.
Jim
Old December 26th 17, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 10:05:07 AM UTC-5, Waveguru wrote:
[...]

OMG - I needed a laugh like that today!

Paul A.
Old December 26th 17, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Yes, that post was a ****er.......;-)
LOL.........

BTW, some peeps pay extra for that......8-0
Old December 26th 17, 11:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Never had the full Boggs experience, although I did have the tube freeze up once in the wave after using it. Fortunately the blockage melted in time, after which I added a T and blow tube for cold weather flying.

In terms of mess, filling a paper task sheet folded into a "cup" and emptying it out the clear vision panel of our 201 Libelle...three times...came close back in the 70s when men were men and we just held it for 8 or more hours. Fortunately it rained on me after I landed and washed away the evidence before anyone asked why the gel coat had started to yellow so dramatically.

A few times on early flights I felt like my system (tube under the seat pan leading to the aft corner of the gear door) was not emptying as fast as it should. I lifted my butt off the pan just a bit and presto! I later installed some spacers to prevent the seat pan from compressing the tube and no problems since.

It's amazing what can go wrong with such a "simple" device. But that's one reason why I don't have any connections between the cockpit and the gear door: one continuous piece of tubing.

The tube pushed out temporarily through the belly skin sure sounds like the way to go.

Chip Bearden
Old December 27th 17, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I did as my mentor suggested and put a hole through the belly and use a flexible tube with external catheter - works terrific!

I added one thing that I believe is an excellent modification and makes this simple system even better.

I glue a strong plastic straw (like the ones found in water bottles) to the end of the tube - so when the tube is extended into he air stream - the straw does not bend - I never have unwanted yellow stains anywhere on the bottom of my ship.

The straws are about 12 inches long cost $.50 cents and work great. You can find them on Amazon.

WH
Old December 28th 17, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB[_2_]

On Saturday, December 23, 2017 at 11:49:07 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On 23/12/2017 05:12, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Thank you from a female perspective.

The deluxe all-singing-and-several-thousand-dollars-dancing variety has
been produced for the US military (your taxes at work) and is called
AMXD - Advanced Mission Extender Device.

http://www.omnimedicalsys.com/index.php?page=products

--
GC

Thank you GC for the real data.... I had to contact Omni Medical
and find out more.

This thing should whistle Dixie, Battle Hymn of the Republic or your downloadable choice - Rain by Beatles? Have You Ever Seen the Rain Fogarty?
Maybe Enya - Water Voices.

CSK-2-F-1 or 2 –Female Control Starter Kit Contains:
Female Control Unit, 2-Rechargeable Battery Packs, Charger, Power Adaptor, Training Video, User’s Manual
1 Removable Hose RHA-21B-2-F
2- Drainable Collection Bags 1200mL CCU-10-RU-12
3- IFP-16-2-2 Female Pads
2-FG Female Undergarments and 16 oz Bottle of cleaner (H2O2 3%)

Quote good for 30 days and includes shipping = $2975 USD. (sharp inhale)
They were extremely quick in answering my email.

I know the male version has been used in gliders. Probably the nicest thing
I can say about it is that the container is not transparent. They probably tested it enough to be assured it functions well(for the F-35. etc.). The thing that concerns me the most? Another set of batteries to charge, or get cold and fail. And there's something creepy about electrical contacts that close to me. Probably less creepy for you fellows, again.

Their literature suggests that with good hygiene and peroxide, you can expect to get about five flights or fifteen days from the pads. That backs out to $100 per Aaaaahhhh, at 15 uses.

This thread just won't wilt.

Happy New Year,

Cindy B
Old December 29th 17, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

I know the Air Force used to use "Piddle packs" with a gel fill. Then they lost an F-16 when a pilot stepped on a rudder to get more extension from the pilot side relief unit. Result: Pilot ejected from out of control aircraft. No mention of any possible flail injuries.

Perhaps this over engineered and expensive system is a result of the "piddle pack" mishap.

Old December 29th 17, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

I should think nobody (regardless of gender) wants electrical bits near "private parts"....,...,,,unless you pay extra for that......no more explanation given...."don't ask, don't tell"..,,,, this IS a public forum......

Sheesh, for that price, adult diapers and a change of shorts seems cheap to me......
But, I'ma guy, easier for me/us.........
Old January 2nd 18, 10:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Surge

On Thursday, 21 December 2017 04:56:46 UTC+2, wrote:
Ok guys, this has probably been covered in older posts but what are you all using regarding urinary relief on long flights? Ive used gallon ziplock bags in the past but whats your experience with cathaters. What brand and how are they.

I use something called a Wee-Jon.
It's a disposable urinal bag with shaped lip that contains water absorbing gel. It can solidify up to 600ml of fluid and doesn't need to be sealed unless you exceed the 600ml limit.
https://www.asmc.com/Camping/Accesso...Wee-Jon-p.html
They're not cheap but still a lot cheaper than fixing corroding aircraft parts or a ruptured bladder.

There are manufacturers with practically identical products such as TravelJohn which are easier to source:
https://www.amazon.com/Travel-John-6...rds=traveljohn
Old January 2nd 18, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 5:02:56 AM UTC-5, Surge wrote:
On Thursday, 21 December 2017 04:56:46 UTC+2, wrote:
Ok guys, this has probably been covered in older posts but what are you all using regarding urinary relief on long flights? Ive used gallon ziplock bags in the past but whats your experience with cathaters. What brand and how are they.

I use something called a Wee-Jon.
It's a disposable urinal bag with shaped lip that contains water absorbing gel. It can solidify up to 600ml of fluid and doesn't need to be sealed unless you exceed the 600ml limit.
https://www.asmc.com/Camping/Accesso...Wee-Jon-p.html
They're not cheap but still a lot cheaper than fixing corroding aircraft parts or a ruptured bladder.

There are manufacturers with practically identical products such as TravelJohn which are easier to source:
https://www.amazon.com/Travel-John-6...rds=traveljohn

TravelJohns are 28 fl oz/828 ml.