Flying into CYUL (Montreal) questions

Old September 1st 05, 12:29 AM
Doodybutch

Default Flying into CYUL (Montreal) questions

I am flying into CYUL (Montreal, QC Canada) on Sunday 9/4 from the USA.

I have a couple of questions:

1) How GA friendly are they with landing fees, etc.? I don't plan on buying
fuel.

2) Is customs available 24/7 or do I have to pay an extra fee since this is
a holiday weekend and a Sunday?

3) How far/how much is transportation into the center of Montreal (McGill
University) area? Is there a shuttle available?

I will fly IFR.

Thanks,

DB

Old September 1st 05, 01:14 AM
john smith

Doodybutch wrote:
I am flying into CYUL (Montreal, QC Canada) on Sunday 9/4 from the USA.
I have a couple of questions:

1) How GA friendly are they with landing fees, etc.? I don't plan on buying
fuel.

A friend flew from Ohio to Dorval two years ago. She parked at the FBO
on the east side (cannot remember the name). They were very good, even
storing her pilot gear in a locked room so it would be secure and she
did not have to haul it around with her.

2) Is customs available 24/7 or do I have to pay an extra fee since this is
a holiday weekend and a Sunday?

It is an aircarrier airport, so Customs should be available. Shouldn't
be a problem with CANPASS, however.

3) How far/how much is transportation into the center of Montreal (McGill
University) area? Is there a shuttle available?

The subway station is one mile east of the airport on the road that
bounds the south of the airport. FBO or taxi to the subway station. The
subway is a big loop around the mountain. Get a transfer before you
leave the subway station and get on a bus.
Old September 1st 05, 05:22 AM

For Question (1), this will show you fees, and a few comments... sounds
like there are changes afoot there...

http://www.copanational.org/PlacesTo...d=10&ap_id=253

It's one of several airports in the area, another may be more
"friendly". (use the Return to Airports link at top of page to see
them)

This is from the COPA Site (kinda like AOPA for us), and it's the
beginnings of "AirNav-type" info being shared online.

I've never gone into YUL, or I would offer more info. Hope this helps a
bit!

Old September 1st 05, 01:40 PM
Andre

There are a number of small airports in the area. I don't know if you can
access the COPA site as some sections are members only.

To get info on airports and such I usually go to www.aeroplanner.com They
will even give you alternative airports in the area.

If you need info about customs you can call 1-888-226-7277 (1-888-canpass)
for info. You have to call them about an hour before you leave the states.

As far as I know you can also get the bus from Dorval to the metro. Make
sure you have transfers and such.

Old September 1st 05, 07:50 PM
Paul

As at Oct 2004:
Something like 32$ for the run to city center (ask for the flat fee run).
Sky Services offer a shuttle to terminal.
Sky Services at (514) 636-3300: Parking 28$ + taxes 2$ (!!)

--

Paul

news: ...