Pawnee AD /SB 25/53/03

Old June 12th 09, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sugarbush

Default Pawnee AD /SB 25/53/03

Has anyone found these horizontal stabilizer fittings cracked? Our
A&P thinks we should order and stock the repair kit from LIVIASA
incase we need it or if LAVIASA goes out of business.. We would
rather not have expensive parts on the shelf. We wre several years
away from the 1,000 hour replacement requirement. Any comments would
be appreciated. Anyone in the US stock tese parts?
Old June 13th 09, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BT

We fly approximately 200 hours per year on our Pawnee.
No we have not found any cracks, our Pawnee is a dry climate and has been
out of the crop dusting business since the late 1980s. Some clubs have
applied for "AMOC" Alternate Means of Compliance. We are about to do the
same. The AMOC has to be issued by serial number for each aircraft by the
FAA. It essentially continues the 100hr inspections beyond the 1000hr limit
until a problem is found.

We have looked into the costs, currently about $900 US plus about $250
shipping to have it sitting on the shelf waiting for it to be installed.
Plan on about another $1500 for installation and recovering the fabric on
that part of the aircraft.

BT
LVVSA
"sugarbush" wrote in message
Has anyone found these horizontal stabilizer fittings cracked? Our
A&P thinks we should order and stock the repair kit from LIVIASA
incase we need it or if LAVIASA goes out of business.. We would
rather not have expensive parts on the shelf. We wre several years
away from the 1,000 hour replacement requirement. Any comments would
be appreciated. Anyone in the US stock tese parts?

To Pawnee or not to Pawnee...that is the question... Travis Beach Soaring 56 March 24th 14 06:21 AM
Looking for Pawnee [email protected] Soaring 1 July 13th 08 12:35 AM
To Pawnee or not to Pawnee...that is the question... Travis Beach Soaring 4 October 17th 07 01:31 PM
PA-25 PAWNEE Rafgsa Centre Soaring 2 March 3rd 05 03:13 AM
Pawnee Damien Dyer Soaring 2 November 2nd 04 05:35 PM