How to determine if your ASG29 has the large or small panel?

Old November 18th 14, 07:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pierre Vav

Default How to determine if your ASG29 has the large or small panel?

I prefer a regular flarm repeater at the top of the Panel.
But you have to answer the question : which of the instruments is the best on the Oudie : SN/10 or Flarm ?
Old November 18th 14, 01:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

I have a PowerFlarm Brick which connects to the SN10, then the SN10 sends NMEA to the Oudie. This all works very nicely but I don't like the way the Oudie displays close in Flarm warnings (essentially it doesn't). I simply see the Flarm targets on the map view. The Oudie does not jump to a Flarm collision screen when a warning is announced. I prefer the simple warning interface of the Flarm displays (balls at the "o'clocks"). Perhaps I have the Oudie set up incorrectly? Maybe I can get Dave Nadler to add a Flarm warning page to the SN10 ;-)? The FlarmView works well (ball at o'clocks warning view) although I would personally prefer to have a display that is neatly and cleanly installed in the open 57mm slot. Perhaps you have a good point on the right placement being on the top of the panel. That would also give me room for something else. It would be easy to place an L bracket on the top of the panel to mount it. Thanks.
Old November 18th 14, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

$350 at Cumulus vs $302 at Craggy Aero. Hard to argue with that price Richard. Thanks!
Old November 18th 14, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Tuesday, November 18, 2014 8:59:18 AM UTC-5, Sean Fidler wrote:
...Maybe I can get Dave Nadler to add a Flarm warning page to the SN10 ;-)?

Um, that's been in the SN10 for many years.
Enable it on the bottom left of the "SN10 Options 2" page...

Anyway, it's nicer to have a tiny dedicated display
up high on the panel. I use the Butterfly mounted on
the brow of my instrument panel shroud.

Hope that helps,
See ya, Dave
Old November 18th 14, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

[...]

I like ClearNav's "traffic 2 o'clock high" audio output. No look down at alarm, interpret, then look. Just listen and look. You aren't looking down to figure it out just when you need to find the target.
I don't know how many other have this, but to me, this is the way it should work.
FWIW
UH
Old November 18th 14, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luke Szczepaniak

I like ClearNav's "traffic 2 o'clock high" audio output. No look down at alarm, interpret, then look. Just listen and look. You aren't looking down to figure it out just when you need to find the target.
I don't know how many other have this, but to me, this is the way it should work.
FWIW
UH

V7 has this feature also - highly recommended

Old November 18th 14, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Yes it really is a good feature.

I think SeeYouMobile and LXNAV were the first the have the feature.

All the LXNAV Flight computers and all the Craggy Aero Ultimates and Ultimate Le have the feature.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Old November 18th 14, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

UH,

I agree, FLARM warning speech synthesis is exactly how warnings should be communicated to the pilots. The idea of a display is fundementally flawed. The process of 1) hear warning, 2) glance in to the display, 3) interpret the warning then 4) look out and 5) find the traffic and 6) avoid the traffic (if necessary) is a 3+ second process at best. A quick clear audible warning (Traffic 1 o'clock, level) might save a second or more. I'm surprised speech synthesis of FLARM WARNINGS are not highlighted more distinctly in the product descriptions. I was honestly unaware of it. To be frank and honest, I can't think of a more important function in the glider (especially while flying with other a good number of other gliders and towplanes, etc) than very fast and very accurate FLARM collision warnings. All the other "stuff" in our gliders are just nice to have when compared to FLARM.

But this means replacing my SN-10. Maybe I can get Dave Nadler to add speech synthesis FLARM warnings to the SN-10 ;-)! Just kidding Dave!

Thanks again all.

Sean

Old November 18th 14, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Galloway[_1_]

Do you really waste time looking at and interpreting the display first -
before you look out ahead?

At 18:32 18 November 2014, Sean Fidler wrote:
UH,
=20

=

:

wrote:
[...]

to figure it out just when you need to find the target.=20

Old November 18th 14, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:54:31 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I like ClearNav's "traffic 2 o'clock high" audio output.
No look down at alarm, interpret, then look. Just listen and look.
You aren't looking down to figure it out just when you need
to find the target. I don't know how many other have this,
but to me, this is the way it should work.
FWIW
UH

There are many, many downstream products (hardware and software) which
produce FLARM voice warnings. Triadis had one at least 5 years ago;
don't know if anyone in USA stocks this:
https://translate.google.com/transla...dvs&edit-text=

Cad drawing for ASW27 or ASG29 instrument panel Larry Goddard Soaring 16 December 30th 18 07:19 PM
ASG29 For Sale YourNameHere Soaring 0 May 29th 14 01:04 PM
How to simply determine the L/D of your glider jan Soaring 41 January 17th 11 01:05 AM
How do you determine remaining life of Ceconite covering? [email protected] Aviation Marketplace 2 October 8th 05 01:19 AM
Invest small Earn Large ($20 000+) promethean General Aviation 0 October 3rd 03 06:08 AM