(RST Engineering, Please read!) "The Muse"

Old May 23rd 05, 12:28 PM
H.P.

Default (RST Engineering, Please read!) "The Muse"

In other words, the volume of the music audio has to
be fairly high, or the Muse will cut out during softer parts of a song.

The audio output device needs a compression circuit to keep audio levels
more near a constant output. There are portable cd players out there that
have such a feature.

Another issue is that my unit only seems to pass one of the stereo
channels through to the headset. I hear the music in both ears, but it's
only the left or right (not sure which) channel.

Your headset may have a dip switch that's factory set to mono-out a stereo
input - like the Bose headset. Try the other setting. Or it may be wired in
mono. Try it on a stereo source at home.

Old May 23rd 05, 05:47 PM
RST Engineering

Why renamed to me?

Jim

Old May 23rd 05, 05:57 PM
Jim Fisher

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
Why renamed to me?

Jim

We need you to fix that, Jim. When you're done, will ya do something about
that Iraq situation and Global Warming?

Thanks,
Jim Fisher

Old May 23rd 05, 07:25 PM
Javier Henderson

"Jim Fisher" writes:

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
Why renamed to me?

We need you to fix that, Jim. When you're done, will ya do something about
that Iraq situation and Global Warming?

I'd rather he'd work on important stuff. Like, no alcohol on mogas
in California so we can use the stuff in our Skylanes.

-jabv
Old May 23rd 05, 08:34 PM

In rec.aviation.owning Javier Henderson wrote:
"Jim Fisher" writes:

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
Why renamed to me?

We need you to fix that, Jim. When you're done, will ya do something about
that Iraq situation and Global Warming?

I'd rather he'd work on important stuff. Like, no alcohol on mogas
in California so we can use the stuff in our Skylanes.

Hey! Run Jim for Gov!

:-)

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocation!" Eberhard

--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer'at'frii.com WEB http://users.frii.com/jer/
Old May 23rd 05, 08:57 PM
Scott Skylane

RST Engineering wrote:

Why renamed to me?

Jim

O.K., I guess I'll get out the 2X4, and start smacking.

Jim, would you consider adding to your product line a device that feeds
music into an individual aviation headset. I would bet you could design
a pretty stout, useable device that would be superior in quality to, and
more reasonably priced than, the PSE Muse. I, for one, would be
interested in buying such a device.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane
Old May 23rd 05, 09:03 PM
Scott Skylane

H.P. wrote:

The audio output device needs a compression circuit to keep audio levels
more near a constant output. There are portable cd players out there that
have such a feature.

My iPod *does* have an audio compression feature, and it is turned on.
Quite simply, the minimum audio signal required to power up the Muse is
higher than I would like it to be.

Your headset may have a dip switch that's factory set to mono-out a stereo
input - like the Bose headset. Try the other setting. Or it may be wired in
mono. Try it on a stereo source at home.

No switch on my headsets, they're good ol' mono DC's. Knowing that the
majority of aviation headsets are mono, PSE incorporated a mini switch
inside the Muse, to provide either stereo or mono output. The position
of said switch has no discernable effect on the music I hear in my headsets.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane

Old May 23rd 05, 09:12 PM
R.L.

Aviation headsets have notoriously higher impedance than the typical earbuds
that come with Ipods and other consumer audio devices. Might be an impedance
mismatch requiring a matching transformer.

Old May 23rd 05, 09:29 PM
Scott Skylane

R.L. wrote:

Aviation headsets have notoriously higher impedance than the typical earbuds
that come with Ipods and other consumer audio devices. Might be an impedance
mismatch requiring a matching transformer.

Ummm, yeah. And since the Muse is *designed* to input consumer audio
devices into aviation headsets, I would expect the built-in circuitry to
handle this just fine. IMHO, it does an "O.K" job, but not as good a
job as I would like.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane

FS Aeronautical engineering textbooks for sale john hawkins Home Built 0 March 26th 05 09:53 PM
FS Aeronautical engineering textbooks for sale john hawkins General Aviation 0 March 26th 05 09:53 PM
Navy enlistment questions Atcrossroad Naval Aviation 53 September 23rd 04 10:43 AM
PS Engineering Report Jeff Owning 44 December 7th 03 11:24 PM
PS Engineering Hankal Owning 0 December 5th 03 12:25 AM