Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path?

Old March 18th 08, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
WJRFlyBoy

Default Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path?

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:01:41 -0600, Neil Gould wrote:

Recently, WJRFlyBoy posted:

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 05:09:55 -0600, Neil Gould wrote:

A brief example; you will learn that you can't be off the runway by
20 meters at most airports without things getting ugly. You will
also learn that there will be times when you will be unable to take
off or land at a chosen airport, and how to judge those times
reasonably well.

Here's an article extolling a few of the problems of airparks. Note
the one extraneous activities on the runways.

Apparently, your "experience" doesn't involve flying into airports located
in rural areas. There are all kinds of "extraneous activities on the
runways", mostly non-human. A pilot knows how to deal with these
situations appropriately, minimizing the risks.

Neil

Actually, 50% does including such glorified areas as Fayette AL,
LewisburgTN, Senatobia MS Ballground GA and more Podunk towns in AK than
I can remember.

Cows, deer (by the dozens), infants...the whole scheebang. You look at
this as acceptable challenges, I look at this as exceptional
liabilities. Same view, two different eyes.
--
Remove numbers for gmail and for God's sake it ain't "gee" either!
I hesitate to add to this discussion because I'm not an instructor,
Old March 18th 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

WJRFlyBoy wrote:

Cows, deer (by the dozens), infants...the whole scheebang. You look at
this as acceptable challenges, I look at this as exceptional
liabilities. Same view, two different eyes.

Then you need to give up the idea of flying now. Don't waste any more of
your time.

Airparks aren't the only place where animals get on the runway and I've
seen deer on a Class C airport's runway and the only reason I haven't
seen them on a Class B is that I don't fly into them that often.
Old March 18th 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

On Mar 18, 1:16*pm, WJRFlyBoy wrote:
On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 16:32:26 -0700 (PDT), BobR wrote:
I appreciate the thought Neil but it's not like I haven't had a few
hundred hours in single/twin in the left seat.

WOW!

Go away, Bob.
--
Remove numbers for gmail and for God's sake it ain't "gee" either!
I hesitate to add to this discussion because I'm not an instructor,
just a rather slow student who's not qualified to give advice that
might kill someone.

Ah what's the matter, you don't like people posting your own crap for
everyone to see what a bunch of lies you are trying to put over on
them? Sorry but I don't have any intention of going away. I might
however repost some of your other lies for everyone to see.

Old March 18th 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

On Mar 18, 3:01*pm, "Neil Gould" wrote:
Recently, WJRFlyBoy posted:

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 05:09:55 -0600, Neil Gould wrote:

A brief example; you will learn that you can't be off the runway by
20 meters at most airports without things getting ugly. You will
also learn that there will be times when you will be unable to take
off or land at a chosen airport, and how to judge those times
reasonably well.

Here's an article extolling a few of the problems of airparks. Note
the one extraneous activities on the runways.

Apparently, your "experience" doesn't involve flying into airports located
in rural areas. There are all kinds of "extraneous activities on the
runways", mostly non-human. A pilot knows how to deal with these
situations appropriately, minimizing the risks.

Neil

Neil,

His experience doesn't involve flying into anywhere. He nothing more
than a wannabe pilot and based on some of his posts in other threads,
I am not sure he even is a wannabe. I reposted a couple of his posts
from other threads and it proves that he is not a pilot and from what
I can gather as of Feb.28, he hasn't even started with any flight
training.

He is not a pilot and probably never will be.
Old March 18th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

WJRFlyBoy wrote:

http://fmi.typepad.com/lwyp/2008/03/survey-results.html

Are you getting paid to promote this site? You've posted this thing
about 5 times now.
Old March 18th 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 18, 2:20 pm, WJRFlyBoy wrote:

Cows, deer (by the dozens), infants...the whole scheebang. You look at
this as acceptable challenges, I look at this as exceptional
liabilities. Same view, two different eyes.

How in the world do you get off the ground without flying over one or
more of these liabilities?

I smell a red herring...

Dan Mc
Old March 18th 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

WJRFlyBoy wrote in
news

Cows, deer (by the dozens), infants...the whole scheebang. You look at
this as acceptable challenges, I look at this as exceptional
liabilities. Same view, two different eyes.

Huh?

Bertie

Old March 18th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Highflyer

Default Pitot tube adjustment was Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path?

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrote in message
Highflyer wrote:
"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
All it takes is a little collar on the pitot tube (and a bit of tweaking
the position)

That is how we calibrate the airspeed indicator to get it reading with
reasonable accuracy. Old CG himself taught me that one. :-)

Of course, nowadays, you have to tweak the GPS also!

Anybody have photos of such a collar? Or able to give a good description?

Put an o-ring over the static tube. Adjust its distance from the static
holes in the side of the tube to adjust the static pressure reference for
your airspeed indicator. It also adjusts the static pressure reference for
the altimeter, which usually uses the same static port.

It doesn't work for the new airplanes th at pick up their static pressure
through a port on the side of the fuselage. :-)

Highflyer
Highflight Aviation Services
rec.aviation.homebuilt annual flyin coming up May 16, 17, and 18.
See the faq at http://www.ousterhout.net/pjy-faq.html and send Mary a note
at so she knows how many groceries to get.

Old March 18th 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

On Mar 18, 1:57*pm, Gig 601XL Builder
wrote:
WJRFlyBoy wrote:

Cows, deer (by the dozens), infants...the whole scheebang. You look at
this as acceptable challenges, I look at this as exceptional
liabilities. Same view, two different eyes.

Then you need to give up the idea of flying now. Don't waste any more of
your time.

Airparks aren't the only place where animals get on the runway and I've
seen deer on a Class C airport's runway and the only reason I haven't
seen them on a Class B is that I don't fly into them that often.

Not to mention all those pesky birds that we are forced to share the
sky with. I had an much too close encounter with a buzzard in a 172
once. It resulted in replacing one wing and a soiled seat(g). I have
photos of a twin that was struck in the windshield and tore a two foot
wide section out of the fuselage almost the length of the cabin. If
you are looking for "Risk Free", stay in bed.

Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path? WJRFlyBoy Piloting 257 March 28th 08 01:26 PM
Airparks... .Blueskies. Owning 9 May 8th 06 04:14 PM
Airparks and clubs around Phoenix AZ ? gilan Home Built 3 March 9th 06 01:07 PM
Airparks near Austin TX TIm Gilbert Owning 14 October 3rd 05 03:18 PM
A New, New Direction for a Beaten Dead Horse Shawn Soaring 0 February 25th 05 01:57 PM