Gliders into Homes!

Old November 2nd 08, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

Default Gliders into Homes!

Apparently it was quite a phenomenon for a little while... I want a
Horsa Caravan dammit! (nose section of course)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCkzxOcwg_Q

http://archive.oxfordmail.net/2001/5/9/63207.html

-Paul
Old November 3rd 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

And many CG-4A fuselage trusses became deer stands, and things like that.
They were bought as surplus for the crates they were stored in. The
planes were taken out and pushed off to the side, as the crate was what
the buyers wanted. Enough lumber to make a small house.

Steve Leonard

Old November 5th 08, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

A Horsa for a housa! Waht a concept! What a country!

Zulu
Old November 6th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Nov 2, 4:04*pm, sisu1a wrote:
Apparently it was quite a phenomenon for a little while... I want a
Horsa Caravan dammit! (nose section of course)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCkzxOcwg_Q

http://archive.oxfordmail.net/2001/5/9/63207.html

-Paul

Gliders into homes. Whew. I thought you were talking about our club
member, many moons age, that flew a 1-26 into the side of a house and
the pilot stepped out into some lady's kitchen, suffering only
shoulder strap bruises.

Tony V.

P.S. First time using Google for my news reader. Comcast stopped
providing Usenet service. Paying more and getting less. Sigh!
Old November 6th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Nov 5, 7:24*pm, "
wrote:
On Nov 2, 4:04*pm, sisu1a wrote:

Apparently it was quite a phenomenon for a little while... I want a
Horsa Caravan dammit! (nose section of course)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCkzxOcwg_Q

http://archive.oxfordmail.net/2001/5/9/63207.html

-Paul

Gliders into homes. Whew. I thought you were talking about our club
member, many moons age, that flew a 1-26 into the side of a house and
the pilot stepped out into some lady's kitchen, suffering only
shoulder strap bruises.

Tony V.

P.S. First time using Google for my news reader. Comcast stopped
providing Usenet service. Paying more and getting less. Sigh!

See www.aioe.org if you prefer using a news client.

Frank Whiteley
Old November 6th 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vaughn Simon

wrote in message

P.S. First time using Google for my news reader. Comcast stopped
providing Usenet service. Paying more and getting less. Sigh!

Ain't it great?

You have a few choices, a couple are free, another is nearly free. If your
needs are more complicated, there are several subscription services. As far as
I am concerned Google is not a choice at all, except for those few times when I
need to use someone else's computer.

Assuming that your Usenet needs are modest, use http://news.aioe.org/ and/or
http://www.motzarella.org/ for free, and/or http://www.teranews.com/ for a
one-time $3.95 setup fee. Newsguy, http://www.newsguy.com/ offers a variety of
reasonably priced services. If you wish to experiment with real Usenet access,
they will give you a free 2-day trial account.

Vaughn

Old November 6th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams[_2_]

Default Free access to r.a.s. ; was Gliders into Homes!

Use Google to search for Glider Pilot Net. Sign up; it's free. Put an
icon on your desktop and it can be opened immediately. It is much faster
than Google and turn around time is quicker.

Old November 6th 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Warhawk Museum in Nampa, ID has the remains of a Waco glider. It had been
converted to a RV camper. (http://www.warhawkairmuseum.org/waco.htm) When
a member of the museum found it on a farm in Eastern Idaho it was being used
as a chicken coop.

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Old November 6th 08, 09:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian

On 6 Nov, 03:07, "Wayne Paul" wrote:
Warhawk Museum in Nampa, ID has the remains of a Waco glider. It had been
converted to a RV camper. (http://www.warhawkairmuseum.org/waco.htm) When
a member of the museum found it on a farm in Eastern Idaho it was being used
as a chicken coop.

It would make rather a good trailer for a glider or two...

Ian