Scratch Remover

Old August 10th 05, 01:35 PM
Rich

pbc76049 wrote:

I have some scratches in my Plexiglas. What is the best product to use
in order to remove them? They are not very deep, but they are
irritating.

Use MICROMESH.

But FOLLOW the Micromesh instructions!
Many people are reluctant to use the coarse sandpaper as recommended.
This is VITAL to get the surface down to below the scratches. THEN
restoration of the finish can began.. not before.

Rich

Old August 10th 05, 03:22 PM
B. Jensen

Bryan,

Is the Novus process easy to do and does it require using sandpaper?

Thanks,

Bryan

Bryan Martin wrote:

I used Novus products on my canopy. For deep scratches, start with
Novus #3 and then #2 and then #1. It worked very well. Aircraft spruce
carries it, others probably do also.

Bryan Martin

Old August 10th 05, 03:48 PM
pbc76049

"B. Jensen" wrote in message
Bryan,

Is the Novus process easy to do and does it require using sandpaper?

Thanks,

Bryan

Heres the skinny.
If you can feel the scratch, it needs to be dealt
with with micromesh. This is a step by step
process of using ever finer sanding stepd to
remove and polish the plasstic. I would recommend it to anyone.
it to anyone. Novus is a good thing for light scratches but I use
micromesh exclusively because you can start where you need too.

Scott.
www.spektrproducts.com

Scratch Remover B. Jensen Home Built 9 August 10th 05 03:48 PM
Good Paint Remover? Marco Leon Owning 2 June 22nd 04 07:58 PM
windscreen pollish/scratch remover centurion_of_evil Rotorcraft 4 October 3rd 03 06:49 AM