OLC Down?

Old August 1st 12, 05:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default OLC Down?

Been trying to upload the day's flight but can't connect to the OLC website.
Anyone else have problems?

Old August 1st 12, 05:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Dan,

I've also had problems viewing OLC.

Wayne

Old August 1st 12, 07:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Max Kellermann

Dan Marotta wrote:
Been trying to upload the day's flight but can't connect to the OLC website.
Anyone else have problems?

Now's the right time to check out the new SkyLines project! It's a
truly free platform to publish your flights and live tracks, made by
the XCSoar developers:

http://skylines.xcsoar.org/

Modern web interface. View multiple flights on top of each others.
Anonymous IGC file download, no stupid 10 files per day limit. No
need to log in for using the Google Maps view.

Made by volunteers in their free time, not run by a commercial
company. No (covered) advertisement. The source code is public (open
source), just like XCSoar.

Source code:

http://git.xcsoar.org/cgit/master/skylines.git/

The project has only just started, and we could use more volunteers to
help.

Old August 1st 12, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Max Kellermann

Dan Marotta wrote:
Got my flight loaded this morning AND put it and the previous day's flights
on skylines.

It is worthwile to upload ALL of your IGC files, no matter how old.
Some people have been uploading their flights from the 90ies. We want
this project to become a huge IGC file database, which will be used
for ideas we havn't even come up with - for example to generate a
thermal map.

Unlike the OLC, SkyLines data is freely available to scientific
projects (and everybody else). The OLC has been blocking scientific
research for too long, and we hope that we can crack this unfortunate
monopoly.

Max

Old August 1st 12, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, August 1, 2012 7:37:53 AM UTC-7, Max Kellermann wrote:
Dan Marotta wrote:

Got my flight loaded this morning AND put it and the previous day's flights

on skylines.

It is worthwile to upload ALL of your IGC files, no matter how old.

Some people have been uploading their flights from the 90ies. We want

this project to become a huge IGC file database, which will be used

for ideas we havn't even come up with - for example to generate a

thermal map.

Unlike the OLC, SkyLines data is freely available to scientific

projects (and everybody else). The OLC has been blocking scientific

research for too long, and we hope that we can crack this unfortunate

monopoly.

Max

That is sweet Max! Can I use my Cambridge GPS 20?
Old August 1st 12, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Max, I am going to give it a try. One thing that will be good for all to know since you allow and encourage uploading past files - can we upload multiple files in one batch or must be one at a time?

Ramy
Old August 1st 12, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Scholz[_3_]

Am 01.08.2012 17:46, Ramy wrote:
Max, I am going to give it a try. One thing that will be good for all to know since you allow and encourage uploading past files - can we upload multiple files in one batch or must be one at a time?

Ramy

Ramy,

you can compress your igc giles into a zip file and upload that zip file.

--
Peter Scholz
ASW24 JE