Navy or Air Farce?

Old March 7th 04, 02:27 PM
Pechs1

Yup. If you want to put an airplane on a boat, you best call the
Navy. If you want to put ordnance on a target, you best call the Air
Force. BRBR

C'mon, you can do better than that. I liked the one 'the Navy makes moovies,
the airfarce makes history.'

Besides, I really like the ironed flight suits and those keen scarves..
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)
Old March 7th 04, 02:42 PM
Pechs1

Ed- The AF does keep the birds clean and the list of delayed discrepancies
short. That doesn't happen on the boat as much because of supply
issues (at least from this long distance view). BRBR

A corrosion cycle also meant a complete respray. 2600 or so maintainers for a
wing of 72 A/C...'bout twice what the USN would have on a CV...PLUS AIMD for
the USAF..lots of folks, very regimented.

I wrote the sked, 'forgot' to list BDUs for my own hop of 3 'cones' and me
leading. 'Expeditor', senior enlisted on the line, NEXT to a bomb cart and crew
WOULD NOT load my 4 A/C...another trip to see the Wing Commander. heaven forbid
they got a 'deviation'...but we lost 4 sorties.

Ed I'll let you brag, but would have to put a great big "that depends" on
the claim. In those days before ACMI, there was a lot of loudest guy
wins the debrief. BRBR

The 'D' model was first and foremost a bomber, conventional and nuke, no doubt
about that. These guys could bomb, both visual and radar..But the emphasis was
right there, not on ACM.

The F-15 was a whole different animal, like the Turkey, an A-A machine. I would
hope these guys could fight it..But the older guys in my squadaron were Thud
drivers and such...

Ed-
I'll also mention a couple of
times I x-country visited a USN base and had to change out of flying
clothes before I could leave base ops to get to quarters. BRBR

Should have did what I did...I said I was USN, that mystyfied them enough that
I could generally do what I wanted. Just say USAF, and strut out. They have no
control over you on a USN base.

BUT loved the tour as I said. Good JOs and good COs are the same everywhere.

P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)
Old March 7th 04, 08:17 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

(Pechs1) wrote in message ...

C'mon, you can do better than that.

No need to.
Old March 8th 04, 02:09 AM
Jim Morris

Combat Buckeye Phlyer????????????

--
jim morris

USN Ret.

Former Buckeye Maintainer VT 23

Old March 8th 04, 04:35 AM
WaltBJ

One reason for wearing scarves is that the damned Nomex wears holes in
your neck as you look around. I learned to wear a scarf flying 86s and
wearing the old horse collar Mae West. I still got scars on my neck
from that piece of crap. And I mean good long silk scarves, not those
silly snap things. What? You don't look around? Then rots of ruck, GI!
Walt BJ
Old March 8th 04, 05:31 AM
Shaber CJ

Only in Navy Air do you get a single last shot to come aboard a pitching,
rolling carrier by flying under a steel cable into a nylon net strung above
the deck. And survive to brag about it! (just remember to pull that
parachute pack out of your puckered sphincter before you deplane.

WDA
CDR USN

Gosh, that sounds fun for a while, but coming home to one's wife and kids
nighly sounds even better than spending 6-9 months on a boat full of men.
Old March 8th 04, 11:39 AM
Sergio

Thank you, OJ.

--
Sergio

Old March 8th 04, 11:41 AM
Sergio

Jim Morris vient de nous annoncer :

Combat Buckeye Phlyer????????????

Combat Training, I think.

--
Sergio

Old March 8th 04, 02:08 PM
Pechs1

Jim- Combat Buckeye Phlyer BRBR

You betcha-Owned 4 of these while in VF-126. Great little jet to throw around
in the F-14 stall/spin syllabus. very honest, very easy to fly.
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)