"PENTAGON WORKING TO GIVE F-35 JSF NUCLEAR-STRIKE CAPABILITY"

Old May 3rd 09, 06:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Ian B MacLure

Default "PENTAGON WORKING TO GIVE F-35 JSF NUCLEAR-STRIKE CAPABILITY"

"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in
:

It's Saturday, Ian is enjoying his schnops :-).

That's "schnaps" and I don't drink as a rule.

On May 2, 9:07 am, Ian B MacLure wrote:
"Ken S. Tucker" wrote

m:

And there's the problem Ed, a mini-atomic bomber without
any concievable target, that would only be redundant.

Your inability to conceive of a possible adversary doesn't
preclude the possibility that one exists.

There may be alligators under my bed, so I sleep
with a shot-gun?

I'll bet you duck to avoid low flying turtles as well.

Ed, somehow, your using the limitation of the Vietnam
conflict, and the NATO cold-war tactical nuke deployment
as being relevent to the F-35+nuke debate. Let's plan for
the future, good planning will provide the future we want.

Below \, I'm seeing politics, that is thread drift.
Ken

Your point being what exactly?
And I'm pretty sure the drift started elsewhere.

IBM
Old May 3rd 09, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval

On Sat, 2 May 2009 22:29:25 -0700 (PDT), "Ken S. Tucker"
wrote:

Concur. Even the old S-2E/G had the capability (nuclear depth
charges; useful in a limited way against subs but also useful for
other things).

AFAIK, CVN's (and USN surface fleet) is not nuclear
offensive, so the navalized F-35 doesn't need nukes,
and no "allie" wants or needs them.

You don't know anything of the sort because it's policy not to discuss
whether it is or is not.

Still, the Big Question is not whether we add some wires and boxes but
whethe we have leadership with the fortitude to address serious
problems. Sadly, that's been lacking for a while.

There was fortitude, it's been shaken by faulty intel
Collin Powell delivered on WMD's in Iraq. Personally
I trusted him, but we now have no evidence to support
that rationale to invade Iraq then. Cost is approaching
30,000 casualties + $Trillion, so I rather resent the
suggestion America lacks fortitude.

Resent away. Doesn't change the facts.

Bill Kambic
Gracefully Aging RAFS Member

Regards
Ken
PS:What's RAFS?

Real Aviators Flew Stoofs.

http://www.r-a-f-s.org/

Old May 3rd 09, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval

On Sun, 3 May 2009 06:47:16 -0700 (PDT), Jack Linthicum
wrote:

Did you see this?

Alberta pigs likely infected with flu from worker: CFIA official
Number of confirmed Canadian cases now 85, all believed mild
Last Updated: Saturday, May 2, 2009 | 7:56 PM ET
Comments242Recommend108
CBC News

In what would be the first reported case of its kind, a farm worker
with the swine flu virus is believed to have infected about 200 pigs
in Alberta, a top official with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
said Saturday.

balance snipped for brevity

Kind of a "man bites dog" story, eh??? :-)
Old May 3rd 09, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Dan[_12_]

Jack Linthicum wrote:

snip

In what would be the first reported case of its kind, a farm worker
with the swine flu virus is believed to have infected about 200 pigs
in Alberta, a top official with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
said Saturday.

I don't think I will ask what the man was doing with the pigs. What
a man does in his private life is no one's business but his.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old May 3rd 09, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
BlackBeard

On May 3, 6:15*am, wrote:
On Sat, 2 May 2009 22:29:25 -0700 (PDT), "Ken S. Tucker

AFAIK, CVN's (and USN surface fleet) is not nuclear
offensive, so the navalized F-35 doesn't need nukes,
and no "allie" wants or needs them.

You don't know anything of the sort because it's policy not to discuss
whether it is or is not.

By presidential order (Bush the 1st) all tactical nuclear weapons were
removed from USN surface ships and Submarines. Ordered in 1991
finished by 1992.

BB
Old May 3rd 09, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Jack Linthicum

On May 3, 10:01*am, Dan wrote:
Jack Linthicum wrote:

snip

In what would be the first reported case of its kind, a farm worker
with the swine flu virus is believed to have infected about 200 pigs
in Alberta, a top official with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
said Saturday.

* * I don't think I will ask what the man was doing with the pigs. What
a man does in his private life is no one's business but his.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

They were engaged
Old May 3rd 09, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Ken S. Tucker

On May 3, 6:47 am, Jack Linthicum wrote:
On May 1, 2:35 pm, Ed Rasimus wrote:
On Fri, 1 May 2009 08:56:50 -0700 (PDT), "Ken S. Tucker"

Just this AM, because of a sniffle in Mexico a school
in our neighbourhood (Vernon BC) was closed for a
week.

Apparently Canada is as subject to Biden-induced anxiety as the
sheeple of the US.

Did you see this?

Alberta pigs likely infected with flu from worker: CFIA official
Number of confirmed Canadian cases now 85, all believed mild
Last Updated: Saturday, May 2, 2009 | 7:56 PM ET
Comments242Recommend108
CBC News

Canada, especially Toronto lost 50-100 people over that
SARs thing, so I guess they're siding on caution.
Ken
Old May 3rd 09, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Ken S. Tucker

wrote:
[...]

The US, Brits + more have had an armed presence in
Iraq (or around), since 1991, 18 years, in Afgh since
2001, 8 years. A lack of fortitude might be argued in
the way those conflicts were resolved.

PS:What's RAFS?

Real Aviators Flew Stoofs.
http://www.r-a-f-s.org/

Ken

Old May 3rd 09, 10:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Dan[_12_]

Jack Linthicum wrote:
On May 3, 10:01 am, Dan wrote:
Jack Linthicum wrote:

snip

In what would be the first reported case of its kind, a farm worker
with the swine flu virus is believed to have infected about 200 pigs
in Alberta, a top official with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
said Saturday.

I don't think I will ask what the man was doing with the pigs. What
a man does in his private life is no one's business but his.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

They were engaged

All 200 of them? Polygamy gone wild.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old May 4th 09, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval

On Sun, 3 May 2009 11:48:59 -0700 (PDT), BlackBeard
wrote:

On May 3, 6:15*am, wrote:
On Sat, 2 May 2009 22:29:25 -0700 (PDT), "Ken S. Tucker

AFAIK, CVN's (and USN surface fleet) is not nuclear
offensive, so the navalized F-35 doesn't need nukes,
and no "allie" wants or needs them.

You don't know anything of the sort because it's policy not to discuss
whether it is or is not.

By presidential order (Bush the 1st) all tactical nuclear weapons were
removed from USN surface ships and Submarines. Ordered in 1991
finished by 1992.

Would this not mean that by presidential order they could be put back?