FAA Accuses British Airways of Recklessness

Old March 15th 05, 08:31 PM
Captain Clarance Ovuer

Limey wrote:

"Captain Clarance Ovuer" wrote in
message ...
Limey wrote:

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message
Limey wrote:

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message

Intruiged that you pilots seem to find room for disagreement over
which
FARs
apply.

Part 129 .Operations: Foreign air carriers and foreign operators of
U.S.-registered aircraft engaged in common carriage. Section 19 -
Air
traffic
rules and procedures

(a) Each pilot must be familiar with the applicable rules, the
navigational and
communications facilities, and the air traffic control and other
procedures, of
the areas to be traversed by him within the United States.

(b) Each foreign air carrier shall establish procedures to assure
that
each of
its pilots has the knowledge required by paragraph (a) of this
section
and
shall check the ability of each of its pilots to operate safely
according
applicable rules and procedures.

* (c) Each foreign air carrier shall conform to the practices,
procedures,
and
other requirements prescribed by the Administrator for U.S. air
carriers
for
the areas to be operated in. *

129.19(c) appears to infer that foreign carriers have to comply with
Part
121
whilst in US airspace.

Kind of what I thought but didn't look into properly. Better that you
do
it,
seeing that you have more time on yer hands.

I have a few free moments - sure. Didn't take me more than about 15
mins
to work
through the FARs to find it though.

Good, that's about 13 mins more than I apply to most responses here.

Either way, if you're implying that "you pilots" ought to know all the
regs,
that's ridiculous.

And I'm *not* implying that btw. Just intruiged to see how many
opininons
came
into discussion.

We're only required to be familiar with the ones that
apply to the particular type of flying we're doing, which makes my job
easy.

Actually, you have my agreement. The FARs are written in 'legalese' and
often
appear to be confusing and even possibly contradictory.

Not in my limited experience.

Pilots have more important things to do than have to worry about the
wording of
some obscure clause in the regs.

Yup, whose round is it?

Limey.

who's able to read their cellphone to call the hotel for a pickup?

....another pickup crack?
ENOUGH with the Marine, already!

Limey.

HARHARHARHARHARHARHAR
Hi Tommy, come on up here, have you ever been up in the cockpit before?
Captain Ovuer - Airplane
Old March 16th 05, 12:55 AM
Bertie the Bunyip

Captain Clarance Ovuer
:

Limey wrote:

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message
Limey wrote:

[...]

**** that, let's have another!

Bertie

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 31st 05, 01:11 AM
Larry Dighera

Big U.S. airlines and other aviation companies are resisting some
or all of a proposal to broaden requirements for reporting
safety incidents to federal transportation investigators. The
National Transportation Safety Board proposed a regulation in
December 2004 to ensure that accident investigators are
notified promptly and fully when several types of incidents
occur. Engine failure tops the list of reporting changes sought
by the safety board. There are a handful of uncontained engine
failures per month that are reported to the board, the agency
said. The FAA puts the number of serious failures at one per
year involving airlines. But investigators want to tighten
accident reporting rules with commercial and business jet
operations growing at record pace. Airlines, aerospace
manufacturers, helicopter makers and leading pilot groups
object to some or all of the changes. The Air Transport
Association, the leading trade group for U.S. airlines, said
direct reporting of engine failures and anticollision alerts
"is neither necessary nor beneficial."
(Reuters 05:39 PM ET 03/29/2005)

Mo
http://q1.schwab.com/s/r?l=248&a=107...a&s=rb050 329