Looking for guest ride waiver language

Old January 27th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Looking for guest ride waiver language

Our club is working to develop a hold-harmless form for our guest
members. We'd greatly appreciate seeing examples of the text used by
other clubs. Reply here, or by e-mail to
. Thanks!

Old January 28th 06, 06:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

http://www.soarcsa.org/docs/App.html

See the bottom. Other than the first line, it's the same on our
release for public flights.

Without signatures of spouse, both parents, family pets, it may not be
worth much more than the paper printed on other than we expect that the
signator was of sound mind and undertook the flight with the reasonable
expectation of returning safely. We also expect that we operated
within the limitations of the FAA regulations and will defend our case
thusly. Doesn't mean it wouldn't stop a lawsuit in the event of an
incident. Likewise, we expect that to be defendable, we also expect
someone to go for the deep pockets.

Frank Whiteley

Old January 28th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks, all, for your quick and helpful responses. The club is the U.S.

Old January 28th 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Our club uses:

YORK SOARING ASSOCIATION
GENERAL AND SPECIFIC RELEASE

I, the undersigned, in consideration of being permitted to enter the
premises of the York Soaring Association, (the Party of the first part) and
participate in flying activities offered, do hereby remise, release and
forever discharge the Party of the first part, their successors and assigns,
their associated organizations, and their officers, agents or servants, from
all manner of actions, suits, debts, covenants, contracts, claims and
demands whatsoever which against the said Party of the first part, or any of
their officers, agents or servants, I ever had, now have, or which I, my
heirs, executors, administrators or assigns, or any of them hereafter can,
shall or may have for or by reason of any cause, matter or thing whatsoever
existing up to the present time or in future, and in particular for any
injury or loss which I may sustain as a result of or in connection with my
engaging in flying or gliding, whether as a student or passenger, whether
under a contract or otherwise, as a result of or in connection with my
presence in any part of the premises of the York Soaring Association where
flying or gliding activities are carried on, or otherwise howsoever, and
whether such injury or loss is or is not caused directly or indirectly by or
through the negligence of the said Parties of the first part or any of its
officers, agents or servants

I acknowledge that I have read the foregoing, that I clearly understand the
same and all its implications, and that I have signed this release
voluntarily.

DATED this day of 20__

______________________________
______________________________

Name (Please print legibly)
Signature

______________________________
______________________________

Witness
Parent or Guardian*

______________________________
______________________________

Phone (home) (cell)
E-mail

How did you hear about us?

*If the Applicant is under the age of 18 years this release must be signed
by the parent or guardian of the applicant.

oups.com...

Glider Ride - Gift Michael Aerobatics 1 December 7th 04 10:46 AM
Glider Ride - Gift Michael Aviation Marketplace 0 December 7th 04 01:10 AM
Glider Ride - Gift Michael Restoration 0 December 7th 04 12:44 AM
Glider Ride - Gift Michael General Aviation 0 December 7th 04 12:42 AM
Glider Ride - Gift Michael Instrument Flight Rules 0 December 7th 04 12:40 AM