Cessna 210

Old December 13th 03, 12:24 AM
Tony

Default Cessna 210

Im looking into buying a 1963 210C. Does anyone have any info or know
were I can find some. Also has anyone flown one of this type. How do
they fly? Speeds, Range, ect.

Thanks Tony

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.
Old December 13th 03, 12:45 AM
Kevin

Tony wrote:
Im looking into buying a 1963 210C. Does anyone have any info or know
were I can find some. Also has anyone flown one of this type. How do
they fly? Speeds, Range, ect.

Thanks Tony

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.

Beware they have a history of gear problems. My dad had one back in the
late sixtys, he had to use the hand pump to get the gear down several
times.

Old December 13th 03, 03:00 AM
tony roberts

Im looking into buying a 1963 210C. Does anyone have any info or know
were I can find some. Also has anyone flown one of this type. How do
they fly? Speeds, Range, ect.

Hi Tony

Post your question at the Cessna Owners Organization -
http://www.cessnaowner.org/new/forum/forums.htm
There is a wealth of Cessna knowledge there.

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
Old December 13th 03, 03:10 AM
EDR

In article , Tony
wrote:

Im looking into buying a 1963 210C. Does anyone have any info or know
were I can find some. Also has anyone flown one of this type. How do
they fly? Speeds, Range, ect.

Is that one with the gear doors, spring gear and the nose gear bump on
the cowling?
Old December 15th 03, 11:17 PM
Max T, CFI

Try www.cessna.org the Cessna Pilot's Association. They sell a book that gives specs
and things to look out for on every model of 210. I had a 1980 at one time, and my recollection
is that the early ones had a landing gear saddle that needed replacement which could be
expensive if it hasn't been done on the one you're looking at. For the $45/year (or thereabouts)
that they charge each year to be a member, you'll find it well worthwhile. It gives you
unlimited access to their mechanics who you can call at any time to ask questions--which can
save you money when it comes to make choices regarding maintenance options.
Max Trescott, MCFI

Old December 16th 03, 07:26 AM
Roger Halstead

Tony wrote in message ...
Im looking into buying a 1963 210C. Does anyone have any info or know
were I can find some. Also has anyone flown one of this type. How do
they fly? Speeds, Range, ect.

According to the Used Aircraft Guide the 21 up through 63 is pretty
much like a 182 with retractable gear. They list 160 knot cruise, 260
HP engine with 1500 TBO and either 65 or 84 gallons. Useful load is
listed around 1200#. (minus 500# of gas leaves 700# for passengers
and baggage)

I'd *guess* the 260 at 14 to 15 GPH so you can figure the range from
there. I have one in the Debonair and it burns 13.5 to 14.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair?)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Return address modified due to dumb virus checkers

Old December 17th 03, 03:40 AM
ROBIN FLY

According to the Used Aircraft Guide the 21 up through 63 is pretty
much like a 182 with retractable gear. They list 160 knot cruise, 260
HP engine with 1500 TBO and either 65 or 84 gallons. Useful load is
listed around 1200#. (minus 500# of gas leaves 700# for passengers
and baggage)

I'd *guess* the 260 at 14 to 15 GPH so you can figure the range from
there. I have one in the Debonair and it burns 13.5 to 14.

I know you can do more than 160 in your Deb w/260 hp, but can early 210s with
260 hp do 160 on most days?