Airline Pilot for a day?

Old June 2nd 05, 11:20 PM
Morgans

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message

He showed him the buttons to press and he
did it. After we took off the Captain got on the speaker and thanked my
son for helping get the plane started!!

--
Jim in NC
Old June 2nd 05, 11:23 PM
Morgans

"Morgans" wrote

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message

He showed him the buttons to press and he
did it. After we took off the Captain got on the speaker and thanked my
son for helping get the plane started!!

This is bad! I couldn't even do a "me too" post correctly.

What I meant to say was "too cool!"
--
Jim in NC
Old June 2nd 05, 11:25 PM
Matt Whiting

Dudley Henriques wrote:

And here I thought I was the only one that Dudley thought was out to get
him and who received nasty emails from him. :-)

Sorry, but I have never used the phrase "out to get him". That's a personal
choice of yours I think, designed to illicit a specific picture in the mind
of the reader. Typical and predictable Usenet technique I might add. :-)

True, I wasn't claiming to quote you, I was writing my impression.

I challenged him once and he got mad and took his marbles home

I think you really do like these negative discriptive phrases "took his
marbels home" is interesting I'll admit.

Again, a simple description that I think applies after your messages to
me that you refused to respond to any of my future replies. That is the
playground equivalent of takig your marbles and going home when you
don't like the way the game is turning out.

I've never seen anyone get so upset over something so trivial in

the scheme of life and then hold a grudge with such vengeance.

Hardly upset. Your phrasing again. Actually, I don't hold grudges. I just
like or dislike people as I see fit.
Along the lines of what you have said here about my holding a grudge, I
notice you quoted only my initial response to the message you were using and
completely ommited my second response; the time between the two posts
indicating I held this 'grudge" for the length of one sensible post from the
poster you quoted. So you see, I don't hole grudges. In fact, my second post
would indicate that I respond immediately to intelligent and sincere comment
and am capable of a lighting quick apology to those whom I have mistakenly
tangeled with.

I often trim posts for brevity, especially in current threads. I
assumed that those who read my post had read the previous posts so no
need to repeat everything. There was no intent on my part to mislead.

Perhaps if you used the same approach to me that the poster I answered in
this thread did, you and I wouldn't have had any issues.....but then you
didn't did you? Instead you insert a totally negative post. That's a shame,
but it's not my fault my friend.
Just to refreash your mind a bit, here's the response that completes the
quoted text....you know, the part you DIDN'T present in your post about me.

In this thread; DH wrote to Jim in NC;

"I'm sorry, and you're right of course. I guess I'm a bit gun shy on Usenet
these days.
It seems that in the last month, I've seen a post saying I wasn't a pilot at
all, and that the only flying I do is with Microsoft's flight simulator.
Then I saw one that said I wasn't in the FAA data base. Then I saw one that
complained about my signature file. Then I saw one that said my name had
been found in the data base. Then I saw one that suggested I wasn't Dudley
Henriques at all. Then I saw one that said I could be an imposter using
Dudley Henriques' name.
I guess I've finally come to the conclusion that there really isn't any way
to verify I'm who I say I am, so based on that, there really isn't any
reason to believe anything I say as Dudley Henriques. I might as well use a
pseudonym and be done with it.
This of course is the basic Usenet equation that postulates the only thing
that matters is the quality of the information, which is fine, except for
the fact that I know who I am, and I'm the one taking the time to contribute
my life experience to the cause so to speak; so when I post an experience
I've had and someone questions it without one of these damn :-) things, and
in lieu of all the other crap I've had to endure on Usenet, I get a bit gun
shy with people. In your case, it was a mistake and I apologize. I'll make
an attempt to rectify the mistake.
As for the flight; it was a ferry flight to get the bird up to Fairbanks to
replace one that went down with a serious maintenance problem. Naturally I
was in the jump seat "officially", as I wasn't rated in the airplane. We
were short a flight engineer and had a crew of two plus myself. My friend
happened to be the chief check pilot for the DC8 and he flew the left seat.
I was asked to fly the right and did so all the way through taxi out to taxi
in. (with a little prompting of course from the left seat :-)
It was a great experience. I came home on the company Lear the next evening
and slept all the way :-))

Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clearly shows a tendency to hold a grudge all right!!! And
absolutely NO tendency at all toward civil discourse I'd say!! Why I must be
every thing you said I am. Clearly!! :-))))

OK, I left it all here this time. :-) I was referring to the grudge
that you appeared to be holding against me, not against the other poster
here. If you aren't holding a grudge, I'm very glad to hear that.

I respond to usenet posts, not usenet posters. I don't hold grudges and
keep records and frankly don't understand those who do.

Well....in this case I'd say that since you weren't involved in the
discussion to begin with, and CHOSE to insert a totally negative post about
someone who had not even addressed you in this thread, it just might be YOU
who has the problem here old buddy but that's not important really.
I'll just suggest that you re-read my response to Jim again.....BOTH of them
this time, then if you want to post again we'll talk about my 'grudge"
problem.......OR, you can post something about aviation next time, and we'll
see how THAT goes. I'm sure everybody else would appreciate that as well.
After all, it's an aviation newsgroup you know. :-))))))

Agreed, aviation is a much better topic for discussion. :-)

Matt
Old June 2nd 05, 11:27 PM
Matt Whiting

Jay Honeck wrote:

Listen Dudley, I posted, I thought, a very civil question. I think it
would
be way cool to get to fly the heavy stuff, even for a person such as
yourself, with lots of experience in other types. *Big Snip*

Look, guys, I know both of you (Jim "in person"; Dudley "on the phone") and
I can vouch for the fact that both of you would hit it off immediately
"in-person."

Therefore, I hereby invite you both to attend our barbecue cookout party at
OSH '05, held on Wednesday after the airshow at our campsite in the "North
40". This will be our third annual, and each one has grown a bit more from
the previous years. (See for pix.)

Jim will be there with "GOG" (God's Own Grill), helping with the cooking
duties -- and I sure hope you can make it, Dudley!

(And don't give us any of that "I can't make it" stuff. I *know* you've got
friends all over with whom you could hitch a ride...and, if not, I'll bet
you ten bucks we could find someone here flying to OSH with an empty seat!
:-)

Now that is the best post thus far in this thread! :-)

Matt