FSX: G1000 panel, can't change NAV frequency

Old July 2nd 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Default FSX: G1000 panel, can't change NAV frequency

I just installed FSX and tried out the 172 with G1000 panel. I have
never used a G1000 panel, but I'm curious.

Strangely, if I click on the "NAV" button on the upper left corner of
the panel, I can only change the digits to the right of the decimal
point,
not the integer portion of the frequencies. So I can cycle through
a VOR frequency of 113.00 - 113.95, but I can not change it
to 112.10.

I google'ed around and still can not find anything (not even from
Garmin's various guides online).

P S

Old July 28th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

On Jul 1, 10:08 pm, wrote:
I just installed FSX and tried out the 172 with G1000 panel. I have
never used a G1000 panel, but I'm curious.

Strangely, if I click on the "NAV" button on the upper left corner of
the panel, I can only change the digits to the right of the decimal
point,
not the integer portion of the frequencies. So I can cycle through
a VOR frequency of 113.00 - 113.95, but I can not change it
to 112.10.

I google'ed around and still can not find anything (not even from
Garmin's various guides online).

P S

I fly a G1000 ITRW, and quite honestly, the FSX rendition in the 172
is pretty useless for IFR. Many of the important/vital functions don't
work at all. Tuning the nav's is obviously a big issue, but the
"procedures" functions don't work either. You can access the select/
load procedures, but the cursor button doesn't work properly, and you
can't hit the "OK". to actually load or activate the procedure. I
don't know how you're supposed to fly an approach when you can't tune
the navs or load a procedure.

Frequency pair thejim Piloting 23 July 30th 06 06:12 AM
approach Frequency AliR Piloting 10 July 7th 05 06:08 PM
SNA VFR approach frequency abripl Piloting 2 March 20th 05 10:22 PM
[igc-discuss] To change or not to change... rules ? Denis Soaring 0 February 16th 05 08:24 PM
KT-76A frequency Ray Godwin Owning 3 March 12th 04 04:42 AM