New restaurant at KSNS?

Old December 2nd 03, 06:04 AM
Ross Oliver

Default New restaurant at KSNS?

I seem to remember seeing a notice on one of the local airport
bulletin boards that the restaurant in the Salinas (KSNS) airport
terminal building is open again. Is this accurate? Anyone
try it yet?

Happy landings,
Ross Oliver

Old December 2nd 03, 04:56 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

Your post made me want to find out. Below are a few recent reviews of the
new restaurant. I think I've got to revisit this airport and check out the
new food fare!

http://www.100dollarhamburger.com/sns.html

Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman, Jr.
PP-ASEL

"We who fly do so for the love of flying.
We are alive in the air with this miracle
that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"

- Cecil Day Lewis-

Check out my personal flying adventures: www.bayareapilot.com

Old December 2nd 03, 08:38 PM
Ditch

Your post made me want to find out. Below are a few recent reviews of the
new restaurant. I think I've got to revisit this airport and check out the
new food fare!

Interesting. I went to the restuarant back in the early 90's and ordered chili.
It was pinto beans in water.
I guess the only place they could go was up.

-John
*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North
American*
Old December 2nd 03, 10:44 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

The reviews for the business that was there before,, apparently were quite
poor. This new one seems to be doing a good job. I flew my wife and
stepson to Salinas airport a couple of years back and was very impressed
with the terminal building. The only thing lacking was a restaurant....
Actually had to head over to a Denny's that was just down the road.

Old December 3rd 03, 02:12 AM
Harry Gordon

Cecil,

Thanks for that web site. You da man! I have been looking for something like
that for a long time.
Now, we can start some "serious" flying :-).

Harry
PP-ASEL

Old December 4th 03, 12:38 AM
No Such User

In article , Ross Oliver wrote:

I seem to remember seeing a notice on one of the local airport
bulletin boards that the restaurant in the Salinas (KSNS) airport
terminal building is open again. Is this accurate? Anyone
try it yet?

I was there today. It's decent, though some things were colder than
I would have liked. SNS is a lonely airport. Throughout my lunchtime
visit there were two takeoffs and no landings. I wonder why that place
still has a tower...