Northeast Destinations

Old July 22nd 04, 05:39 PM
Darrell Clay

Default Northeast Destinations

I'm taking a few days next month to visit some places in the Northeast
U.S. Anyone have recommendations on "not-to-be missed" airports? The
plan is to do some underwing camping, so things fitting that bill
would be most appreciated.

Thanks all.
Old July 22nd 04, 05:58 PM
Peter MacPherson

Not sure about the camping part, but some great spots to hit are...

ACK(Nantucket, MA)
MVY or 1B2(Martha's Vineyard, MA)
BHB(Bar Harbor, ME)
IWI(Wiscasset, ME)
BID(Block Island, RI)
CQX(Chatham, MA)
PVC(Provincetown, MA)
MTP(Montauk, Long Island, NY)

You can get details on all these airports off Airnav.com.

Pete

om...

Old July 22nd 04, 06:39 PM
Roger Long

You could probably camp at IZG. The airport is now unattended and there's
lots of nothing around it. There are canoe outfitters a mile or so away
that could set you up for a very scenic trip.

Machiasport, MVM, way down east had a motel (The Bluebird, I think) walking
distance from the airport and there was a good seafood restuarant within
walking distance. There is a CAP post on the airport. You could probably
camp there but you might ask them if you can find a contact. The trip down
the coast that far is really worth while.

I'm not sure any of these rate "Not to be missed" but they are good bets.

--

Roger Long

Old July 22nd 04, 07:24 PM
Rosspilot

ACK(Nantucket, MA)
MVY or 1B2(Martha's Vineyard, MA)
BHB(Bar Harbor, ME)
IWI(Wiscasset, ME)
BID(Block Island, RI)
CQX(Chatham, MA)
PVC(Provincetown, MA)
MTP(Montauk, Long Island, NY)

Agree. Been to all of these except CQX and PVC

www.Rosspilot.com