free digital sectionals

Old July 25th 05, 05:35 PM
Jose

Default free digital sectionals

There have been several sites which offered free digital sectionals (at
least a peek a little bit at a time). I'm interested in peeking at the
Seattle and Portland areas for an upcoming flight, but can't find any of
these sites any more.

Anybody know of any that are still up?

Jose
--
Nothing takes longer than a shortcut.
Old July 25th 05, 05:41 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

. ..

http://www.myairplane.com/

Old July 25th 05, 05:43 PM
Toks Desalu

Try: aviationtoolbox.org

Toks Desalu
PP-ASEL
Dyin' to soar

. ..

Old July 25th 05, 09:36 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

http://www.myairplane.com

Doesn't work at all with Netscape, doesn't work very well with Internet
Explorer (Pan won't pan - just keeps redrawing the screen like its stuck
between the north/south map, zoom geauxs whereever the hell it wants to)...

Nice idea though...
Old July 25th 05, 09:39 PM
Jose

http://www.myairplane.com

Doesn't work at all with Netscape, doesn't work very well with Internet Explorer (Pan won't pan - just keeps redrawing the screen like its stuck between the north/south map, zoom geauxs whereever the hell it wants to)...

Doesn't work with Netscape 7.2 (which is what I have) but it works with
IE 6. Pan works too, it's just a little different. Click somewhere in
the map to re-center on that point.

Try: aviationtoolbox.org

That gives me a directory of stuff but you have to know what it is
first. What should I be looking for?

Thanks for the info all.

Jose
--
Nothing takes longer than a shortcut.
Old July 25th 05, 09:49 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Jose wrote:

Doesn't work with Netscape 7.2 (which is what I have) but it works with
IE 6. Pan works too, it's just a little different. Click somewhere in
the map to re-center on that point.

Doesn't work, gave up... Just could be the Houston sectional but I doubt
it...

That gives me a directory of stuff but you have to know what it is
first. What should I be looking for?

http://aviationtoolbox.org/raw_data/...ionals/current

This is supplied by Kyler Laird for the past couple of years...

Thanks Kyler...
Old July 25th 05, 10:00 PM
Allen

"Darrel Toepfer" wrote in message
Jose wrote:

Doesn't work with Netscape 7.2 (which is what I have) but it works with
IE 6. Pan works too, it's just a little different. Click somewhere in
the map to re-center on that point.

Doesn't work, gave up... Just could be the Houston sectional but I doubt
it...

That gives me a directory of stuff but you have to know what it is first.
What should I be looking for?

http://aviationtoolbox.org/raw_data/...ionals/current

This is supplied by Kyler Laird for the past couple of years...

Thanks Kyler...

Thanks Kyler!

The sectionals themselves are .tiff files and average 46 megs each so be
patient.

Allen

Old July 25th 05, 10:13 PM
Gary Drescher

Jose wrote:

Doesn't work with Netscape 7.2 (which is what I have) but it works with
IE 6. Pan works too, it's just a little different. Click somewhere in
the map to re-center on that point.

Doesn't work, gave up... Just could be the Houston sectional but I doubt
it...

Hm, I just tried the Houston sectional at myairplane.com (using IE6).
Zooming in and out, and panning, all worked fine.

--Gary

Old July 25th 05, 10:23 PM
Jose

http://aviationtoolbox.org/raw_data/...ionals/current

This is supplied by Kyler Laird for the past couple of years...

Very cool. Thanks Kyler (and Darrel and Toks)

Jose
--
Nothing takes longer than a shortcut.
Old July 25th 05, 10:49 PM
three-eight-hotel

Forgive me if this gets double-posted (wasn't logged in the first
time)...

These are nice and I just wanted to add a "thanks!"

I often want to take a look at a current sectional to see what I may be
"in for", on a particular flight. I may do this weeks or months before
I actually make the flight. I will purchase new charts, when
necessary, before a flight, but it's nice having a resource where you
don't have to purchase a trip-tik just to do some pre-preflight
planning!

I have just added "aviationtoolbox.org" to "My Favorites"!

Any other cool sites that you guys recommend?

Best Regards!