A Run in with a Star

Old May 4th 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default A Run in with a Star

Had a flight last week to MVY. Ran into Meg Ryan at the FBO. Nice lady.
Very beautiful and thin!
CAVU both ways. A very worthwhile trip.
WLS

Old May 4th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Where'd you fly in from? I fly out there on occasion during the summer
on a Saturday or Sunday for breakfast with pals at the terminal's Plane
View restaurant. We usually go to MVY because ACK gets crazy on
weekends. BID has a decent airport diner too.

Old May 4th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"William L.Snow, PE" wrote:

Had a flight last week to MVY. Ran into Meg Ryan at the FBO. Nice lady.
Very beautiful and thin!

Did she look like the picture on the left he

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/archives/000258.html

--
Peter
Old May 4th 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Had a flight last week to MVY. Ran into Meg Ryan at the FBO. Nice lady.
Very beautiful and thin!
CAVU both ways. A very worthwhile trip.

Just a quick & friendly reminder/request: PLEASE don't just post an
airport identifier when you're posting about an experience! This is a
worldwide forum, and I (along with thousands of others?) have no idea
where MVY is, without looking it up!

Thanks,
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 4th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

The way I look at it is that if I don't recognize the ident, I probably
don't really care.

In case you didn't look them up, MVY is Martha's Vinyard, an island off the
coast of Masssachusetts. ACK is Nantucket, another island off the coast of
Mass, right next to MVY. BID is Block Island, a third island, but part of
Rhode Island, not Massachusetts.

ups.com...

Old May 4th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay H. whined, : )

PLEASE don't just post an airport identifier when you're posting about an experience!

Oops. Because I'm in Connecticut and am always flying out to the
islands I guess I assume most pilots know them. Then again when I see
an airport identifier I don't know I just look it up on Airnav.

Old May 4th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Kingfish,

Then again when I see
an airport identifier I don't know I just look it up on Airnav.

At least make it the correct identifier, which is KMVY. There are
countries outside the US, believe it or not.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old May 4th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
The way I look at it is that if I don't recognize the ident, I probably
don't really care.

In case you didn't look them up, MVY is Martha's Vinyard, an island off
the
coast of Masssachusetts. ACK is Nantucket, another island off the coast of
Mass, right next to MVY. BID is Block Island, a third island, but part of
Rhode Island, not Massachusetts.

Nantucket, home of Sand Piper Air and the Hackett brothers!

DW

Old May 4th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Kingfish" wrote in message
oups.com...
At least make it the correct identifier, which is KMVY

You're one of those "dot every i and cross every t" guys, huh?

There are countries outside the US, believe it or not.

I suppose. My world map is pretty old. Lighten up, Thomas. g

Maybe feelings of inadequacy? grin

DW

Old May 5th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In case you didn't look them up, MVY is Martha's Vinyard, an island off
the coast of Masssachusetts. ACK is Nantucket, another island off the coast of
Mass, right next to MVY......

I'll back up Jay's request. I visited both MVY and ACK while touring
New England five or six years ago, but couldn't remember the
designators. Guess I've landed at too many airports!

vince norris