Pegasus 3000 Hour Life Limit AD

Old April 23rd 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Pegasus 3000 Hour Life Limit AD

Can anybody tell me if there's a possibility this will ever get
resolved? I know the AD was issued more than a year ago, and that's
about the last I've heard. Are all the Pegasus owners in the US stuck
with a 3000 hour ship? At the time of the AD, there was some talk
that there would be a follow on AD that told how to extend the life,
but it seems this never actually happened. Is anybody still working
to get the extension figured out?

I see that BASA is trying to sell their Pegasus that is over the
limit. Seemly because it has been grounded since the AD with no sign
of resolution... that sucks!!! I feel for you guys...

Thanks,
Dan

Old April 23rd 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jeremy Zawodny

wrote:
Can anybody tell me if there's a possibility this will ever get
resolved? I know the AD was issued more than a year ago, and that's
about the last I've heard. Are all the Pegasus owners in the US stuck
with a 3000 hour ship? At the time of the AD, there was some talk
that there would be a follow on AD that told how to extend the life,
but it seems this never actually happened. Is anybody still working
to get the extension figured out?

I see that BASA is trying to sell their Pegasus that is over the
limit. Seemly because it has been grounded since the AD with no sign
of resolution... that sucks!!! I feel for you guys...

There is hope, but I'm not sure how much.

Greg Davidson at the FAA has had some contact with the folks in France
about this. We're led to believe that they've begun the process that
would lead to an updated certification (or whatever the correct term is)
on the Pegasus in the US that would allow a 6,000 hour limit with
possible extension up to 12,000. There would be 3,000 hour inspections,
just as one would expect.

Based on what we've learned, it's not likely to be finished before the
end of 2007.

So, yeah... we have one on the market cheap and two others that aren't
over 3,000 hours. It's a real shame that this has grounded the best of
our single seat ships. And it came so quickly after that rudder pedal AD.

Jeremy
BASA Grunt

Pegasus 3,000 hour FAA lifetime limit update... Jeremy Zawodny Soaring 5 March 9th 07 08:49 PM
Pegasus 3,000 hour limit update Mark628CA Soaring 0 July 26th 06 04:03 PM
Pegasus life limit 01-- Zero One Soaring 3 April 4th 06 02:20 PM
Pegasus life limit Mark628CA Soaring 2 March 30th 06 10:37 PM
Pegasus life limit 01-- Zero One Soaring 0 March 30th 06 10:25 PM