141 school stuff

Old November 15th 08, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Steven Barnes

Default 141 school stuff

Here's a (hopefully) on topic question:
My CFI is trying to get approved for 141 'status' to do some accelerated
training for people desiring the 141 path. I'm hoping to help him out with
some of the students as my schedule permits. I'd like to be helpful in the
setup/paperwork that goes along with running 141. Other than the CFRs, are
there any straight-ahead readable sources of info on all the things that
need to be in place? Paperwork, aircraft inspections, CFI currency
requirements, etc.

I've heard little snippets of rules from another local 141 capable school,
but I guess I'm hoping for a "Setting up and managing a 141 school for
dummies" book. :-)

Thanks!

--

CP-ASEL, instrument, CFI

Old November 16th 08, 02:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Robert M. Gary

On Nov 15, 8:30*am, "Steven Barnes" wrote:
Here's a (hopefully) on topic question:
My CFI is trying to get approved for 141 'status' to do some accelerated
training for people desiring the 141 path. I'm hoping to help him out with
some of the students as my schedule permits. I'd like to be helpful in the
setup/paperwork that goes along with running 141. Other than the CFRs, are
there any straight-ahead readable sources of info on all the things that
need to be in place? Paperwork, aircraft inspections, CFI currency
requirements, etc.

I've heard little snippets of rules from another local 141 capable school,
but I guess I'm hoping for a "Setting up and managing a 141 school for
dummies" book. :-)

AOPA may have something. I've never heard of reducing instruction time
as the reason for a 141 school. For private the difference is
insignificant. For instrament it does allow you to skip the 50 hours
of cross country but doesn't change the actual time for the rating as
I recall. For commercial I seem to recall there was a small
differenece but again, not much. However, the typical reason for
becoming a 141 school is to allow for 3rd party payers such as VA,
etc. Many organizations such as VA will not pay for training from
non-141 schools.

-Robert
Old November 16th 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Steven Barnes

The VA is one reason. Another is certain foreign students demand a 141
school to meet some magical criteria of their country once they go back.
He's been doing a 10 day IFR course for years under 61 (much less hassle,
too).

Old November 16th 08, 11:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mike

"Steven Barnes" wrote in message
Here's a (hopefully) on topic question:
My CFI is trying to get approved for 141 'status' to do some accelerated
training for people desiring the 141 path. I'm hoping to help him out with
some of the students as my schedule permits. I'd like to be helpful in the
setup/paperwork that goes along with running 141. Other than the CFRs, are
there any straight-ahead readable sources of info on all the things that
need to be in place? Paperwork, aircraft inspections, CFI currency
requirements, etc.

I've heard little snippets of rules from another local 141 capable school,
but I guess I'm hoping for a "Setting up and managing a 141 school for
dummies" book. :-)

Call the AOPA pilot information center. I can just about guarantee they
will answer your question compentently. I know someone who was setting up
an air ambulance business and had numerous questions on how to do it. He
called AOPA and they answered everyone of them. His question was a bit
unusual, yet AOPA still had people on staff that knew how to do it. I would
expect they answer the 141 question on a regular basis.

Old November 21st 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

On Nov 15, 10:30*am, "Steven Barnes" wrote:
Here's a (hopefully) on topic question:
My CFI is trying to get approved for 141 'status' to do some accelerated
training for people desiring the 141 path. I'm hoping to help him out with
some of the students as my schedule permits. I'd like to be helpful in the
setup/paperwork that goes along with running 141. Other than the CFRs, are
there any straight-ahead readable sources of info on all the things that
need to be in place? Paperwork, aircraft inspections, CFI currency
requirements, etc.

I've heard little snippets of rules from another local 141 capable school,
but I guess I'm hoping for a "Setting up and managing a 141 school for
dummies" book. :-)

Thanks!

--

CP-ASEL, instrument, CFI

Check into this Advisory Circular. The information presented is
expanded from the Regulations.

Asst. Chief Instructor for Private Pilot Program
Old November 21st 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

[...]

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Gu...igh light=141

The information presented here is an expansion of that contained in
Part 141 of the Regulations.

--Robbie
Asst. Chief Instructor, Private Pilot Program

More SLUF stuff - a7e.jpg (1/1) [35K] Netko Aviation Photos 0 February 21st 07 11:11 PM
New Stuff Paul Remde Soaring 0 December 23rd 06 04:57 AM
Vkc ***Hot stuff - check this out !!! Vkc tinman4 General Aviation 0 January 28th 06 05:37 PM
%8N ***Hot stuff - check this out !!! %8N tinman4 Piloting 0 January 28th 06 05:37 PM
More Fun Stuff SelwayKid Rotorcraft 2 September 11th 04 03:47 AM