Distance to Airport

Old October 31st 03, 03:46 AM
Robert A. Barker

"JimC" wrote in message

This got me curious about the situation that others have. So, how about

it?
How far do you live from your plane and how long do you typically spend
driving to get there?

JimC

I, like many others, so it seems, have a 25 t5o 30 min

drive to my plane. There is an airport 5 min away,but for
many reasons doesn't work out.

Bob Barker N8749S

Old October 31st 03, 03:56 AM
Bob Fry

6-7 miles. Less than 15 minutes.

I used to live 3 miles away, that was great. Easy to decide to go
flying after work at the last second.

Then my flying club and I moved in opposite directions and I had a
drive like Paul. That sucked. After a year I quit and got my own
plane. What a difference. Besides being closer, my direct hourly cost
is a lot lower so I fly literally 4 times as much.

"Paul Sengupta" writes:

55 miles. 1 hour.

Paul

Old October 31st 03, 04:32 AM
G.R. Patterson III

JimC wrote:

This got me curious about the situation that others have. So, how about it?
How far do you live from your plane and how long do you typically spend
driving to get there?

Dunno the distance (I feel distance is unimportant in a State in which it takes
15 to 30 minutes to travel 5 miles). It takes me about 45 minutes to drive to
the airport.

George Patterson
You can dress a hog in a tuxedo, but he still wants to roll in the mud.
Old October 31st 03, 05:25 AM
Frank Stutzman

As the Beech flys, its less than 5 miles and 3 minutes from the house to the
airport.

As the blazer drives, its 15 miles, a half hour, several twisted mountain
roads, one state line, two bridges (one spanning the Columbia), three
towns, four stop signs, two stop lights and one security gate away.

Yes, I'd rather be flying.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

Old October 31st 03, 05:28 AM
Tom S.

"JimC" wrote in message

This got me curious about the situation that others have. So, how about

it?
How far do you live from your plane and how long do you typically spend
driving to get there?

Regular Home: 28 miles, 25 minutes
Work: 4 miles, 10 minutes
Summer Home: 50 feet

Old October 31st 03, 05:31 AM
Tom S.

"BTIZ" wrote in message
distance to hanger from house.. about 6 steps..

I wish.. but I know people who have that short walk..

BT

http://www.airporthomes.com/viewhomes.htm

Old October 31st 03, 05:35 AM
Greg Burkhart

There's an airport here in town (JYG) and one in the town I now work
in(FRM), but neither are where my plane is. My plane is about 30 miles north
(Y58) and I work 30 miles to the south so it takes over an hour to get from
work to the plane. :-(

I'd like to find a place to live and hangar space in the town that I
work....

Old October 31st 03, 05:53 AM
Montblack

("JimC" wrote)
This got me curious about the situation that others have. So, how about

it?
How far do you live from your plane and how long do you typically spend
driving to get there?

Two townhouse blocks to the stop sign. Turn right

5 blocks, past the playground and skating rink, to the 4-way. Go straight
1/2 mile long winding road out to the highway.
Wait at light ....and wait ...and wait.

Cross the highway, past post office - go less than a mile.
Enter the North Gate.

If I enter by the tower, then drive down to the south end - add another
mile.

No plane (yet) but I still end up over there a lot. ANE Anoka-Blaine, MN.

--
Montblack

Old October 31st 03, 05:58 AM
BTIZ

http://www.airporthomes.com/hm0114.htm

you buying?
It's been on the market a long time..

BT

Old October 31st 03, 06:02 AM
J. Severyn

3 miles, 5 minutes. Yep, I make the trip back and forth lots of times when
the tool I need is at the other end. But 10 minutes round trip is OK. No
complaints.

John Severyn
N24495
LVK