FYI Bio zoom ZZZZZZZZ

Old December 15th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

Default FYI Bio zoom ZZZZZZZZ

Dan wrote:
All it takes is a little prick.

Well, that describes Campbell figuratively, literally, and
anatomically! LOL! Is it a wonder that he's always "incorrect!?"

Old December 15th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Harry K

Dan wrote:
DABEAR wrote:

Wow! I was only into it about 2 lines before the BS rose over my head.
If all the lies and distortions are extracted it doesn't leave much.

Hell, even Suzy Squeeze Me (Campbell's latest love interest...such a
listener!) can be deflated, much like one's Ego...

All it takes is a little prick.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

And _that_ I am sure he can supply.

Harry K

Old December 15th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

Old December 15th 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

DABEAR wrote:
All it takes is a little prick.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

And _that_ I am sure he can supply.

Harry K

I was laughing so hard at this one I hit send by mistake!

I was going to say ~ would you care to place a wager on that!?

Old December 15th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

Old December 15th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Al G[_1_]

Default FYI Bio zoom ZZZZZZZZ Record results

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
.. .
The NAA has some aviation-related records that FAI doesn't keep track of.
Guinness World Records has others as well. That's easy to verify.

Ok, Juan, I did.

James Campbell holds NO World records.
He holds NO National Records.
He is a confirmed Liar.

A thorough search of FAI records shows no James Campbell, in any
category.

The US National records are not available for online search, so I called
Art Greenfield at the NAA, yesterday. He did a physical search of the
archives, and sent me this email a few minutes ago:

Hi Al:

I can find no record in our archives of the 1981 flight by Jim Campbell. The
August 1983 edition of National Geographic contains an article mentioning it
as an "unofficial record," so that probably explains why I cannot find it in
our archives.

Hope this information helps,

Art

----------------------------------

A.W. Greenfield

Director, Contest and Records

National Aeronautic Association

1737 King Street, Suite 220

Alexandria, VA 22314

http://www.naa.aero

Tel (703) 527-0226 (ext. 102)

Fax (703) 527-0229

Mr Paul wrote:

"Wayne Paul" wrote in message

All official aviation related world records are maintained by the FAI. You
can view records at http://www.fai.org/records

To whit Juan replied:

This statement is false.
FAI only records aviation records for which it has chosen to establish
categories. It does not maintain "all official aviation related world
records."

Wrong, wrong, wrongitty wrong, wrong.

By Charter, that is exactly what the FAI does. From their website:
"FAI activities include the establishment of rules for the control and
certification of world aeronautical and astronautical records."

Categories start at 0kg, and go to unlimited. Outside your envelope?

Categories include Lighter than air, and heavier than air. Smoke and mirrors
are outside the category.

Some things not included in the FAI's categories:

1.) Magic

2.) Stunts

3.) Lies

The rocket racing league is shooting themselves in the foot here, big time.

Al G

Old December 16th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Ousterhout

Al G wrote:

James Campbell holds NO World records.
He holds NO National Records.
He is a confirmed Liar.

As a matter of fact Zoom was once determined to be a liar by an
Administrative Law Judge.

Go to http://ousterhout.net/ and select "The Captain Zoom story"
Then read "SE-4661, Zoom's NTSB Hearing Transcript" (or "SE-4661 explained")

Then read the bio at www.rocketracingleague.com/bio_jim-campbell.html

After you read them both, decide for yourself if Zoom has changed much.

- John Ousterhout
- rah/14

Old December 16th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"Wayne Paul" wrote in message
Juan, the NAA is an U.S. organization. I am only familiar with FAI glider
categories.

That may explain why you think the FAI keeps all aviation related records.
It doesn't.

Old December 16th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"Al G" wrote in message

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
.. .
The NAA has some aviation-related records that FAI doesn't keep track of.
Guinness World Records has others as well. That's easy to verify.

The NAA is a US organization that sanctions and records US records. I am a
member and hold 3 records. There are several National record categories
that do not exist on a World Level, economy records for instance.

World records are sanctioned and recorded by the FAI. (Note the period)
The FAI is the ONLY internationally recognized authority. If you hold a
World record, I hold 2, your record is recorded by the FAI.

Sorry, but you're wrong too. Only those records in categories the FAI
recognizes are sanctioned and recorded by FAI.

FAI only records aviation records for which it has chosen to establish
categories. It does not maintain "all official aviation related world
records."

Was this attempt in an aircraft outside of the established categories?
How?

Was this record attempt sanctioned by either organization?

Were there some kind of witnesses?

You can't just fly something somewhere and claim you hold a "World Record"
doing it.

That's for you to find out. I simply pointed out that Wayne's statement, and
yours now, are incorrect.

Old December 16th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"DABEAR" wrote in message
oups.com...

snipped

FWIW, I don't recall Zoom claiming his 'record' was recognized by
anyone.

Then it's not a record.

Sorry, but that's wrong too. A record is a record if you document it to a
sufficient level that it can be verified. Whether or not the person chooses
to submit it to the FAI does not change that. An "FAI Record" is only such
if it is recognized by the FAI. Two different statements.

Zoom Cy Galley Home Built 213 May 17th 05 01:19 AM
Zoom sues...again ChuckSlusarczyk Home Built 9 April 28th 05 01:11 PM
Zoom fables on ANN ZZZZZZZZZZZZ ChuckSlusarczyk Home Built 49 July 22nd 04 06:06 PM
ANN is biased ZZZJJJ ChuckSlusarczyk Home Built 30 January 4th 04 01:58 PM